close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to post or upload an image or picture aka. Picture Tutorial Post

Discussion in 'OGF News and Events' started by mrfishohio, Feb 26, 2005.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay, I'm going to explain in detail with pictures to describe how to upload an image into your posts. It should be so easy, no one will ever need any additional help to post a shot. Also I'm going to do a very thorough job of it with the words : post, upload, picture, image, digital,tutorial post and camera so when you do a search, you should be able to find this post. :p
    Okay, first you have to get an image and download it to your computer, normally off your camera, but you can also right (rt) click a picture on a web site and "Save As" or go to properties and copy the http addy (more about that later.)
    When the image is on your hard drive here's what you do... Left click on the Photo Gallery button on the top of this window. Click on Submit new Photos on the drop down menu.

[​IMG]

It will open a window, click on the Browse button.

[​IMG]

Next find your image off your hard drive and click on it. If it doesn't automatically load, hit the "Open" button on the lower right corner of that window. Some of these pictures are of a poor quality because the screen refresh on the computer, etc made it hard to capture & focus. Hopefully you can see I'm selecting an image (flower).

[​IMG]

Next you hit the Upload/Submit button...wait patiently.

[​IMG]

When the picture is uploaded, you can name it, and then hit the Process Files button.

[​IMG]

Next you will get this screen and click on the Click here to return to main menu

[​IMG]

Next you will see you picture in an icon, click on it. That will bring your picture up Now Right click on the picture, hit Properties....

[​IMG]

Find the Address (URL) and highlight & copy it. :cool:

[​IMG]

Now come back into your post & click on the little Upload Image icon..I always say it looks like a little yellow postcard to me.

[​IMG]

Paste that http addy into it...put your cursor right on top of the blue http and hit paste (rt click)

[​IMG]

Okay, get it?? Now hit OK... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Now here's a very important tip, be sure to hit ENTER on your keyboard to move your cursor to a new line...easier to do it before you hit the upload icon, but if you forget, just slip it in front ot the bracket with the IMG in it. If you don't, then your picture(s) will not be lined up & it will be very difficult & frustrating to read your post. Also hit ENTER after entering each image so your text will start on the new line below it. Actually I just edited & went back thru and hit enter again, before and after each IMG to make it easier to read.

[​IMG]

See ? for the purpose of demonstration, you can see the location of the cursor, then I hit ENTER & it drops it to the next line.

[​IMG]

Now your done (hopefully) so you can hit the Preview Post button and see how it all looks & correct any alignments & spelling by scrolling down, hit Preview again when done with your fixing.

[​IMG]

Next you can hit Submit when you're satisfied it will woo and amaze everyone. if you have an error, you can always hit the edit and make the necessary corrections. Sometimes a huge post like this, I hit the submit when I have a substancial amount completed so in the event I delete it or something, I still have that much complete. Hope this will answer everyone's questions on how to post. You can also get an image from off another site, as I deluded to in the 1st paragraph, just rt click it, copy the http addy off the properties and pop it into the Insert Image (postcard) icon. Nice if you want to show an item from an online cataloge, etc.

Oh hey, here's another gem, open 2 windows on your browser to save you time. Use one for the post & one for uploading & transferring all the images to your post. To open an additional window, you left click the File button on the top left of your browser, and then hit New and then Window... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. catlover

catlover Banned

Thanks Jim.
    I'll try a few pics with new "daytime" toy, tommorrow. I thought there was a post on uploads, but couldn't find it.
    Catz[​IMG]

It was about 20% clearer on my HD. Still, 20bux and no film, could be worse. It was pretty low light.

3. Good job Jim, even a computer drop out like my can understand it .Thanks>>>>JIM

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

5. mrfishohio

Awh, heck, you guys jumped in before I put the final touches up, which I explained why I submit prior to completion. It took a substancial amount of time to take the pictures, upload & post it all, hope it becomes a "CLASSIC"
    With a little better software...or simply experiance, you can make a shot look better sometimes... ;)
    [​IMG]

Remember to hit the ENTER button before and after submitting the image to get it to line up. :)

6. catlover

catlover Banned

YOUDAMAN!
    Thanks again.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Jim I do believe, it is now time for you to start fishing agin, and post some pics of ytour catches :)

8. mrfishohio

River's a mess, I'm unemployeed (running out of money quick) The wife got a job (we closed the shop 1-15-05 and if I went fishing, I might not like her reaction.... :eek: :eek:
    Supposed to call back on one Tuesday and got more irons in the fire. thought I was going to get the final answer today, but maybe it's just as well because both jobs are good. One pays more, but the other has more benefits & will be much easier. The higher pay is doing pickups for a store, 120 stops per day, but you get bonuses depending on how much you get. I'd be outdoors most all day, in all weather. the other is a lumberyard delivery, maybe make 3-5 deliveries a day. Not a bad wage, but not as much as I could make with the bonuses. Then again, at my age ;) I don't mind sitting & drinking coffee waiting on an on load & off load. I'll just pray for the highest and best outcome for all concerned. :eek:

9. mrfishohio

Here's that flower picture I was using for the demo....
    [​IMG]
    I won't post it full size, but I'll link you to it (click)

10. catking

catking Banned

I'll keep this thread and when things lighten up I'll stick it somewhere at the top . In fact , I'll see what the tech guys think about "sticking" this at the top in a diffrent forum . Thanks Jim.......... CATKING

11. I think it would be nice to have a F.A.Q. forum where things like this could always be found.

12. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I'm starting my gallery now. THANK YOU!

13. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys & Gals- I'll move this thread to the " Computing and game disscussing" area once this runs it's course and I'll stick it at the top. This will be for future referances ;) I'll leave a redirect here in the lounge for awhile......... Thanks again JimmydaCat ;) ..........THE CATKING !!!

14. mrfishohio

I see from time to time someone asking about posting and I've posted a few instructions which I guess could be brought up still. This one should answer all the questions and I've even copied & mailed myself a copy to file so I can email it if necessary. I've included all the buzzwords in the title, so you should be able to run a search on any of them and find this thread. Also the message contains the rest of the search words one might look for..digital, camera, etc. Hope you enjoy it, you may want to link it into the Photo Gallery as a "How to"... or "A Step by Step Guide to "....upload photos and insert them into your posts.

15. You have too much time on your hands Jim LOL...
    I wish you all the best on that job search!!!

16. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Outstanding man...THANKS!!!!!

17. catking

catking Banned

This is where this thread will be for future usage. Thank You mrfishohio for the help, I'm sure the members appreciate it as do the OGF team ;) Rick :)

18. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I can get as far as entering a picture in the photo gallery but after reading the instructions several times and trying for an hour I just can't get a picture in a post. The copy and paste deal won't work for me. If I just get a picture off my hard drive and try to enter it in a post I get a message that it is too large at 39.9 and has to be 39.0 or smaller. I din't know how to change picture size. I told you I was dumb about this stuff. :confused: Send me a stamp and I'll mail you a polaroid. :rolleyes:

19. [​IMG]
    Works for me man... Re-read the instructions and don't use the upload attachemnt/photo feature use this symbol --> [​IMG]

20. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

And the picture shows up here ?[​IMG]