close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how to get to....

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 8racing3, Jul 6, 2007.

1. 8racing3

8racing3 member

how do i get to greenlawn dam on the scioto river from the cemetery road exit off of 270. is this the best place to go to as far as the dams go.

thanks

2. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

You wanna get onto 71 and get off the greenlawn ave exit(between 70 split and rt 104 exits). Head east,they are replacing the bridge so look for the orange barrels. lol Turn North onto the side road to park RIGHT BEFORE the bridge. From there you see the dam. If your looking for the whittier side boat ramp area. Go across the bridge and turn left (north) onto front street. Go a few blocks and turn Left onto whittier st at the light. Go over bridge and parking is on the left, just pull down into the park area. Good luck. Forgot to add...if you just do a mapquest to "270 greenlawn ave" it will put you right before the bridge. 270 is one of the Fire Complex buildings I work at.

3. From Cemetery Rd. head south on 270 to 70 east to 71 south. Greenlawn is the first exit on 71 south. Turn left on Greenlawn and you can't miss the dam!!

4. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

Greenlawn dam is a good place to fish.

5. 8racing3

8racing3 member

griggs around shoreline better or greenlawn dam. probably fish in early am for bass or really anything that bites.

6. Can't eat anything out of there though. RIGHT fellas? Or am I wrong again?

7. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

I barely like to wade there, let alone eat.

8. I've heard that you can't and I've also heard that you could, just not a lot. I like to play it safe, so I don't eat anything out of the Scioto. I rarely keep a fish anyhow but I would like to get me a mess of Saugeye one of these days. I'll have to find them somewhere else, huh.

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Never eat fish from Ohio waterways. You WILL die.

10. I will eat Saugeye and Crappie from O'Shay but not anything south of that.

11. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

The most polluted stream in Ohio feeds into the Scioto upstream of Oshay....you may want to reconsider if you are that fearful of eating an eye/crappie closer to Columbus.

12. if what mush said is true then i would of been dead long time ago lol