close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to fix binocs?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Salmonid, Jan 1, 2008.

1. I have a really nice Bushnell compact binoculars that cost me about 200 clams a few years back, very nice, retailed about 300 back then, anyways one of the inside lenses on one of the eyepieces came lose and is sitting at 90 degrees, it just came loose, not cracked or anything like that, question is, can these be fixed and if so, by who ??

Any insight would be great, never dropped, just from getting banged around in the glove box within its carry case. I really want these so I can scope out other fishermen out on the Ohio river, you know, see what there using, what types of rigs, if I know them, etc. ( of course noone else ever does that , right???) :p

Salmonid

2. Rednek

Rednek "The Widow's Son"

Contact Bushnell Warranty Services.

US WARRANTY
    In the past our products have had different lengths of warranty coverage. However, since 1984, the majority of our products carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Bushnell Performance Optics guarantees your product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner.

The exceptions are as follows.

Bushnell NorthStar Electronics Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell NextView Binoculars One Year Warranty
    Bushnell Falcon Binoculars Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell Night Vision Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell Yardage Pro Laser Rangefinders Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell Speedster Speed Gun Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell HOLOsight Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell ImageView Two Year Warranty
    Bushnell Elite Riflescopes Two Year Warranty

UNITED STATES
    Bushnell Corporation
    9200 Cody
    Overland Park, KS 66214-1734

Important Phone Numbers:
    In Kansas City area - (913) 752-3400
    Consumers - (800) 423-3537

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thats what id do, even if the warranty has lapsed, im sure they can fix them.

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yep great customer service, i have rangefinder that found itself tumbling out of my treestand last archery season, lens cracked. I sent it to bushnell to get fixed ( warranty had expired) and they send me A NEW one, updated model no costs. I was shocked.

5. Thanks guys, I contacted them, waited on hold for almost 20 minutes before I got a customer service rep. He was nice and all, said the turn around is 4 weeks if I send them in, to pay 2 way shipping on them, he gave me a reference number and said for me to expect around 100 dollars for the fix and if less, Id be that much happier. He never mentioned anything about warranty and i didnt either since they are about 5 years old. He said once they look at them they send out a letter with the determination and if they are not fixable, they offer a 10% discount to upgrade to nicer models.

Il see if I cant get them sent in here in the next few days and will keep you guys updated on how the customer service turns out, sounds like you guys and I got 2 different folks...

Thanks again for the info!

Salmonid