close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to fish a small spot?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by H2O Mellon, Oct 1, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

There's been a lot of fishing at one small spot on the GMR that we've been calling "The Playground". Here is the spot, no I dont care about giving the location away, it's still very hard to find, plus obviously more people know about it because there were at least a couple guys down there today & I have no idea who they were.

How is the best way to fish a spot like this? 1 rod each, with 2-3 people or is the more the merrier? Of corse the usuall things would happen if line were crossed & people were Paylaking each other, but what I want to know is should there be lots of baot put, or only a couple good pieces of bait, so the fish would have to work to find it a little harder, making them hit more agressive?

[​IMG]

You can see aboput 1/2 of the bank spot form this picture. There have been sev Flats in the 5-7 range & a couple nice Channels in the 9# range caught from here. Like I say it's been fished alot, I dont think theres ever been a skunking, but the 10# mark has not been broken. Is it A.) there probally not any 20# fish there or B.) the big flats are not as eager as the small ones. Also with multiple channels in the 9# range, would that suggets that there are none or few at best as far as big flats go (20#+)

Also this is not a southern spot on the GMR, its located near some hevy fished water (what spots on the GMR on Dayton arent fished hevy though :p )

The pic below may show the general bank spot a little better.

[​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

looks like that spot is only big eneough for you and jack anyway.motre than that's a crowd and cuts the odds of hooking up for you two.and with your records,you need to up the odds as much as possible :D
    toss out 4 lines for channels and the little flatties,and forget the big boys,cause with that many smaller ones,they're likely not gonna be there.and if there were any,you'd probably lose them anyway,if you hung one :p ;)
    5-10 channels are lots of fun anyway.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bryan, I will see you somewhere next weekend..If someone has already fished that spot today, it aint worth the trouble..You can really turn the fish off in a small location if you fish it to much, even if you catch and release.

4. H2O Mellon

Actually Salmonid found this spot.

I think we'll hit it tonight & whatever happens, happens. I agree a small spot can get fished out, but who knows maybe I am wrong.

5. dip

dip dip

fish it like a certain famous flat guy does..... put 6 or 7 lines apiece out there and really up the odds! so about this episode of the soap opera:

is jakkal coming up this weekend or next? does the INANE CLOWN POSSE itself have a clue? THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING US! :S

6. H2O Mellon

Only the "In Crowd" knows, Your on the outside of the "In Crowd". ;)