close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to entice a Prespawn Lake erie Largemouth

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FactuaL, May 6, 2008.

1. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

i fished my yacht club today and couldnt get anything to bite.. i mean nothing. really strange because i usually clean up but this particular day i couldnt catch anything.. they were there but i couldnt get em to bite.. I saw atleast 38 Largemouth today and couldnt get any of the females or males to bite..

i threw cranks, jerks. curly tails and crwlers and no luck.. what do they want.. they are acting stankkkkk

help me out please..........how to intice a strike out of a Prespawn bass....

2. I've heard of spawning bass going crazy if lizards are jigged through their spawning bed... Not sure what else would eat their eggs in Erie but may want to imitate that. I had great luck at St. Clair last weekend on a jointed rapala- color was crayfish. We fished rip rap in about 2-3 waves, the choppier the better. Some of the bass were following all the way to the boat.
    good luck!

3. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

hey man i appreciate it.. I just dont think there bedding yet.. i see them swimming all over the place looking for females or something.. i have thrown every single color 2 inch grub, beetle spin, spinner, i have thrown live nightcrwlers with no weight, i have texas rigged, but i guess i can try lizards.. thanks...............

4. Try a drop shot rigged goby..... and just jig and twitch like crazy... tick them off to the point of a reaction bite... same concept as MuskieMan explained with the lizards...

good Luck!!!!

Frank

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I second the Goby idea. Shine's @ 55th has some real nice looking
    goby/tube jigs.
    Could be the bass are just stuffed - I've seen emerald shiners everywhere along the shores right now.

6. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

awesome responses thanks everyone..

7. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

read the pmmm

8. It's always harder when you can see them. That means they see you. Stay back away and make long cast. Try using c-rig or faster baits for a reaction strike. Good luck.