close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how to catch?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by thekingz16, Oct 22, 2008.

1. how do you catch walleye and saugeye? like what kinda of bait and rig and stuff?

2. You just opened up a huge can of worms. Are you trying from a boat or shore? There's a million methods, but if you're able to fish a dam where walleye are, I've been told that fishing vibe'e's vertically works well.

3. Tip #1: Do not fear the Search button...it is your friend ;).

4. i usually fishi from shore

5. just worm on a jig head, chartreuse. Let it sit on the bottom. Or, jig and twister tail. Move it around, every time it hits the bottom, give it a small tug to lift it off to activate the tail to move

6. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

i dont understand , if this is a free, friendly forum, and he's asking a legitimate question....why not answer the question, if you're going to waste the time answering it with "search button" responses....why not just leave the question alone?....it just bothers me that people respond this way to honest questions

7. Cheesehead Cory

Cheesehead Cory Displaced Person

Not my favorite way to fish, but a guy I fished with does pretty well vertical jigging Vibe-E's at Tappan Lake this time of year. Pick up a few at Tappan B&T, and Jim Corey will likely give you an education on how to fish them.

8. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Late fall (now) and spring, you can catch walleyes from Erie's shores using husky jerks and various other cranks. My favorite colors are Blue/Chrome, Clown, and Glass Shad. This past spring I did very well with the new Rapala X Rap Shad in Glass Shad color. Edgewater, E.72nd are your best bets in the Cleveland area.

9. Couldn't agree more.

10. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

as it was previously stated....e.72nd is a good place to start...try tossing x-raps #12's in the glass ghost and clown colors, and husky jerks #'s 10-14 in the blue/silver color after dark....but be aware that the piers fill up early and the walleye come in on their own clock....i've stayed down there a few hours and not caught a fish, only to return the next night and hear that they turned on an hour after i left. a good indicator is the presence of shad along the shoreline....along with a little chop to the water....i caught a few last spring and fall but my job situation doesnt allow me to fish as much as like....i usually only stay for a few hours and jet....whether i catch some or not.

11. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

any place to fish from shore for eyes down by akron? does the hoga hold eye? and if so where are they at?

12. You can catch some fillets at the Acme on Rt. 91 in Tallmadge for about 12 bucks a pound. I'm not trying to be rude cast, but from shore I can't think of a whole lot of fish that would be less fun to catch than walleye. They're not notorious fighters, so if you're just in it to eat 'em, go buy some and fish for something that'll be more fun to catch.

13. Pointing out that the "search function" exists is a good thing. Instead of learning only what this thread provides (usually 6-8 usefull responses), search will give anyone tons of responses to similar questions. Useful info.

kingz16....sent you a PM with some suggestions on walleye fishin. Good luck...be safe out there.

14. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

sounds like you've got it all figured out. thanks for setting me straight.:confused:

thekingz16, a bit more info and we can help you out more..where are you going to fish for instance

15. Well I have figured out I wasn't talking to you, and I've also figured out that a sense of humor sometimes eludes some people.

I would think instead of being critical of my response, maybe someone with a boat who fishes for walleye could offer to take Castmaster out for some decent walleye fishing, but then again, I guess I haven't figured it ALL out.

16. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i disagree:eek:

17. Berlin 224 bridge north side rip rap jig & minnow.