Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CRAZY CARNIVORE!!!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I live 5 mins away from LaDue and have a 12 ft deep V Boat. Ive fished LaDue for years, but now i really want to target the BIG channels i keep hearing about. I hear about going straight out from the boathouse, but i dont know how far, is it at night, cut bait, live bait???? How deep i should be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live around the corner as you do and I have caught some real impressive cats fishing for bass and walleye. Last week in the weeds at the right side of the dam I landed a twenty plus pounder on a erie dearie and a crawler. Each time I catch the big cats it has always been around the weeded areas of the lake where all the bait fish seem to be. If you can avoid the white perch, a crawler or minnow on erie dearie will work just fine near the weeds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've caught big cats there with crankbaits. Even spinnerbaits and rattlebaits. You think it's a big Walleye until you see it. You want a fight? Try a 6'6" med/light rod with a Rap D4. HANG ON !!

·
Registered
363 Posts
How About Jugging??? Or Maybe A Trotline?
Those are illegal to use at LaDue. Try some cut bluegill on half your rods and maybe some liver or something made up at home, but who knows the white perch might rip the liver up ive never used it their... try different things throughout the night to see what they're bitting on. Maybe find the creek channel or a shelf near a dropoff to fish. But make sure your not casting right into a weed bed if your fishing at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts