close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Rat-L-Traps are made

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by scallop, Apr 20, 2017.

1. A lot more labor intensive and hands on than I thought. Figured there would be more automation in the process. I am impressed. Especially with the hook lady, wow!

2. wow, I had no idea that much hands on labor was involved.

the_waterwolf likes this.

3. Roy P

Roy P

Very Interestering and yes, a lot more labor intensive than I thought it would be.

4. Makes me want to buy a few but red eye shads are so awsome .....

5. Good video, thanks for posting.
    I've got a old "smoky joe" pattern trap that I've managed to hold on to since I made my 1st BPS order probably 25 years ago... it doesn't go in the water anymore, but I can tell you at least 10 great memories looking at it, it caught my PB Crappie and Saugeye.

6. Specgrade

Specgrade Wannabe Worm Drowner

I got one in my tackle box and didn't even know it. I bought it a while ago (on sale) and haven't used it.

7. I think some day the original Traps are going to be a high priced item. Like the Storm Wiggle Wart. Whatever they had, they caught fish.

8. I probably have a dozen , mostly chrome and black. different sizes and a few different colors, I also find a few every year when the lakes get drawn down, and the ones I have found just needed to replace the rusty hooks and the lure is good as new.

9. wajski

wajski retired pipefitter120

Use to meet guys like these at Cleveland sportsman show don't go anymore, it turned into a flea market

10. That was cool to watch.

11. Didn't know they used two different size BB's and also that they used so many. Pretty cool video. I liked the Hooker, she was fast! She could probably do 10 to my one.

12. Yeah that's a cool video... question to who every might know? Are rattle traps the original vibrating lipless crankbait?
    Also,I've always been interested in trying to burn an rip rattle traps through weed beds for bass. It has to be a fun bite. I imagine braid is a must,with a stout rod an quick retrieve baitcaster.
    Like was said I'm more a fan of red eyes an rip n raps bit this video makes ya wanna buy more bill Lewis brand traps....

13. Flathead76

Flathead76 Carp53.65

She probably would prefer to be called hook lady.

fishmeister likes this.
  14. I don't know if they are the original. Wasn't there one called the Bayou Boogie ? The Trap was a good one, probably one of the best.

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  15. Very interesting indeed.