close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How often do you eat fish?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Elamenohpee, Apr 13, 2005.

1. once a month

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. twice a month

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. once a week

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. more than once a week

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. pert near every day :)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Just kinda wondering how ofter everyone here eats freshwater fish (not from the grocery store)

Fresh or frozen, smelt or salmon...everything is included....even turtles, crayfish and froglegs.

Did I leave anyone out?

2. I would say an average of once a month but really its just in the summer time so I may end up eating fish every week for a few weeks in the summer but then go most of the winter and not have any so over the year it probably averages once a month. I could eat it just about every day with some frog legs every few days and maybe a turtle about once a week:D

3. prob on avg once a week all year long
    then my taste buds turn to wild game ;)
    I'd like to know the answer myself LOL
    I try to save enough that I can eat some 2 times each month from Oct thru Dec
    then the ice fishing kicks in and I again can eat fresh not frozen...
    Right now I am eating fish every other day and really need to start finding
    some ways besides deep frying to cook them or the old clogging of arteries
    may be my demise...
    I freeze mine in single serving sizes so I can cook for myself and simply thaw more pkg out if cooking for more then one...

4. I would love to be able to eat nothing but wild game and fish for all my meat and grow all my own veggies. If I were single and had the time to hunt and fish more and have a big garden that is what I would do. When I'm older and retired I plan on trying to do that for a whole year.

5. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Only when I go to Micky Ds I like to catch them but I hate cleaning them

6. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Only one or two times a year......everything is catch and release with us.

7. Cooking (other than deep/pan frying)

roll in flour
    dip in egg
    roll in seasoned breadcrumbs
    arrange on PAM sprayed foil on a cookie sheet
    bake at 425 for 12-15 mins depending on fillet thickness
    flip halfway though

This method produces fillets that are similar to frying w/ 75%+ less fat.

I rarely fry fish anymore (unless battered)

8. That sounds like a good way to get nice crunchy fillets without the fat or the mess of deep frying.
    Grilling is also a great way to fix fish if you have some bigger walleye fillets or something.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

10. ...THANKS for the recipe MA...
    I'll give it a try soon and let you know if I like it...
    I love beer battered and deep fried is my prob LOL

11. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

never thought of that one Jack, I'll see if I can edit the poll.

Is there are particular reason that you "never" eat fish?

12. My cuz fishes like crazy but does not eat them either...
    He just started eating deer last year after I cut the one up his son harvested
    and he saw how to do it then how to cook it... I messed up now I don't get his deer anymore but still get his fish LOL

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just like to catch them, hate cleaning them..Plus I like to see them swim away..LOL

14. I like to see bluegill fillets swiming in hot oil!:p

15. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Im with Jack....i dont eat them. Im not a big fish eatter...but i am a BIG fish catcher..lol

If a water has a limit on how much you can eat per month, i certainly will not eat any fish from there. Nowadays there are VERY few waters that you dont have to worry about this issue, i know every year i see guys keeping loads of fish from the Ohio r. and they eat everything they catch, no way from that river...ive been to the steel mills along that river and know what there dumping into them....NO THANKS.

Its safer to eat farm raised...and its still not that safe, i'd rather just Catch-Photo-Release my catches...then come back and try to catch them another day.

IMO,
    Scott

16. I try to eat fish a couple times a week.Most of the time it is baked like Master A said :)

17. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Look at what Jack and ffffffish fish for. Flats and musky.

I don't eat those either!

I always deep fry. Rapeseed oil has high polyunsaturated fats. I have grilled walleye a couple of times but it doesn't taste as good.
    I going to have to try the MA recipe this weekend with a fresh fillet.

18. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I eat what I catch about twice a week during ice season, about twice a month minimum otherwise.

19. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

same boat...... maybe a taste once a year to remind myself how nasty it is....and the texture...... blaaahhhhhh ::throwup: smiley here:

long john silvers made sure that id be sooo sick that i'd never eat fish again......thanx l.j.s. no more 'brain food' 4 me... lol :D