close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how much

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peple of the perch, Dec 22, 2004.

1. what is the weightlimmit for 1 1/2" of ice anyone know.i would like to go on my pond and i weigh180 but i dont know if that is to much?

2. I found this chart on another site.

2" for 1 person to walk on
    3" for two to stand together.
    4" to drill a hole & fish
    6" Snowmobile / ATV
    8" light car or truck....I like alot more myself on this one !!

Ice should be clear and hard.

Most guys here like to wait for at least 3" but some of the real die hards will go out on 2".

3. ice cube

ice cube icecube

I would not go on the ice at 1 1/2''. Just wait 2 days and the colder weather will make the ice ready.
    Remember fish for a day or fish for a lifetime. Thats the difference when it comes to being patient and waiting for the good ice.
    :) The ICE CUBE

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Aww, you'll be fine. :eek:

5. i wasnt going to go on it until it had at least 3 inches i just wanted to know

6. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Peple,
    Maybe you could check out Aquilla since you are in Chardon. Please let me know if guys are out there yet. Of all the area lakes, Aquilla seems to freeze first and thaw last. Gills, crappie, and bass are there, but the panfish are usually not real big.