how much juice does a color fishfinder pull?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stratosboats, May 12, 2008.

1. I just got a 595c humminbird fish finder and am prob. going to put a 525 in the front and run them to my trolling motor battery. I was just wondering if anyone knows how much juice they pull. I fig it cant be much since the pros are out there all day with top of the line fish finders running. If anyone has a diff. set up thats better let me know. I am direct running them into the battery with an inline fuse.

2. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

A Lowrance 68C model only draws 240 ma (milli-amps) with the backlight on and even less with it off. My X91 states 185 ma. I doubt even the big ones are gonna hurt you as much as any boat light.
    You can go to most of the websites and download the manuals to see which model does what. Just look for the spec pages.

UFM82

3. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Why do you want to connect to trolling batteries? All installs I've done and seen have been connected to the cranking battery. Like to save ALL power for trolling motor.....numerous times have worn those batteries out with just the trolling motor connected. No trolling motor juice would also be without electronics!

4. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

You should run the power lead to the starting battery as opposed to the trolling motor. The trolling motor can cause interference with the finder. Keep the two separate.

UFM82