close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many other walleye guys?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lundy, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I read a post somewhere other than here that OGF is a "Carp and Catfish site".

Can I as primarily a walleye, smallmouth, fisherman continue my passion or do I need to buy a cast net and learn how to make biolie's (sp?) :D

Kim

2. Im a walleye guy, do most of my fishing MWD lakes and Mos. lake. We EYE guys are here to stay.

3. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

What's a Walleye? Yep, I read that too. Admittedly there were some dedicted 'Eye anglers on the other site that elected not to join us here, for their own reasons. I miss some of them but, altho' I'm an 'Eye man myself, I was on the other site because of the people rather than the species. I'll still see those guys on the water whenever I can, and there are still some 'Eye guys here with more to come I'm sure. I visit WC, W's Inc., In-depth angling, and other 'Eye sites too; I love 'em, but I know the people here though, so this is where I'll spend most of my time.

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Whats a Walleye??
    Jim..You mean we made it all the way to the Cabelas National Tournament of Champions,and the whole time we were fishing for carp?
    Amazing!
    I feel like those thousands of hours, and many years of chasing Saugeyes on the MWCD lakes,and Walleyes on lake Erie were all wasted. :D :D :D :D

5. Corey

I carried a Spandex Walleye suit with me the whole time we fished together Lew. All I had to do was zip a Carp or Sheephead up in that suit and hold it up and everyone thought it was a Walleye. Won quite a bit of money over the years using that trick too. The thing I can't figure out is how the net man didn't catch on.................. :D :p ;) ;) :rolleyes:

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Oh,I see Jim..I knew you were pulling the wool over my Eyes! :D :D :D
    Its all fishing.. right?
    Actually I have fished for almost everything that swims at one time or another.
    Whatever you fish for...you are welcome here!

7. Salmonid fishermen are the most discriminated group anywhere in the state. Everyone think's that Steelhead trout are the only salmonid that we fish for and dismiss our validity as fishermen because the trout are stocked. I fish for walleye at least a couple time a month during the season and salmonids all year long.

I've never caught a catfish bigger than 24" and only twice in my life fished for then on purpose. I'm from the old school when it comes to carp….just can't bring myself to do it…..yet, but I'm sure they are fun to catch.

8. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Walleye? Aren't those used for catfish bait?:rolleyes: LOL!!! I couldn't resist.

9. Corey

:D Been talkin' to a certain River Rat???? :D FYI, A couple great 'Eye baits are Willow Cats and small Bullheads. ;)

10. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

One of these days, I need to catch up with one of you "eye guys" so I can catch one. I've never caught one before.

11. Yeah, I don't really know too much about Walleye fishing. I've never really even caught that many.......TightLines!

Attached Files:

12. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

I'm a walleye guy !!

I also buy only equal-opprotunity fish hooks:D
    Mitch

13. I'm a long suffering, contour trollin, jiggin & riggin, spot-on-a-spot lookin, inland 'eye guy. I drag my boat to Erie a few times a year during the hot bites just so I can bloody-up the carpet a little.