close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Many Days A Week Do You Work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flathunter, Jul 21, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Since a poll was up the other day about how many days a week do you fish, I decided to ask about how many days a week you work..I have been working 7 days a week since memorial day. I hope this crap is over soon, fall fishing is getting close.

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

my schedule is one of the best parts of my job.i work 24hrs. on,48 hrs. off.it gives me the time to do the things i enjoy.family,fishing,hunting,etc.

3. I Work Everyday..gettin Outa Bed Is Alot Of Work For Me.....

4. Monday thru Friday for me.

5. As long as everything is running smoothly.... 5 days a week, but I am on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionally I will fill in for one of my guys and work a 24 hour shift, but if I do, I'll take the next two days off!

6. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Thanks dude!! Your killing me!! After 15 years of 24/48 I ended getting plowed by a unattentive driver while on a run so.....now desk surfing light duty :mad: . Mon-Fri 0730-1530. Will never understand how you guys can do a "regular" job and still find time for a life. :confused:

7. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

I work 8-4 during the week at the office and at least a few hours in the creek each week.

8. Monday-Friday from 6am till 5pm with at least one day that starts around 4am or so and goes till 6 or 7pm! Sometimes Saturdays but only a few a year. Work sucks!

9. I didn't realize that there were as many fire/EMS workers on here! I am happy to see it.

Granted, mine is a little different - I work as the Fire Chief for an Oil Refinery, left the public sector 4 years ago.... Money is A LOT better here, but we are slow!

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i work 3 days a weent 20-25hrs. plus school full time in the fall, winter and spring.

11. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

If I can't make what I need in a normal 40 hour work week, I need to change jobs or change my lifestyle. Work is a necessary evil that only serves to interrupt my fishing.

UFM82

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

This is my last week PT Mon & Thurs 8 hrs ea. Prior to that when I started my business it was 13 hours a day, 9 AM to 10 PM Mon - Sat & some Sundays 5 hours. Then I got it down to fishing on Sun, Mon & Thursday, maybe 7 hrs a day 3-4 days. We lost our business...
    Now I am going back into sales, so it's 6 days on call all the time. Sometimes Sundays will be the only time for the appointments. I'm figuring about 50 hours is what might be expected, they said I could get by on 40 because I brought it up to them. 9AM to 9PM mon -Sat is alot of hours, 3 calls a day plus office & store time...
    They told me no one actually works that many. So I'll let you know. I start orientation on Mon & Tues & training for 2 weeks.
    Yeah, it's really stinks not being independant anymore. But there are advantages, like they take out taxes & a 401K plan, etc. I'll still have some good freedom of mobility depending upon when the calls are scheduled.

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Nice work if you can get.... ;)
    I have an option that just called, driving an 18' box truck, making 125-135 stops a day, 5 days 6AM to 3-4PM Tough choice, but it's all outdoors, all year, very physical. I was thinking about the snow & ice, the downpours and the sweltering heat. Or I can do sales calls from my vehicle, I hope I don't regret the choice. Money is good on either, but potencially much better in the sales. High end on the driver (you get bonuses) is pretty much the low end on the sales job. High end on the sales position is 6 figures. Never been there ;)

14. BigChessie

Hey ITFD596 Ya hiring anyone?

15. Sorry Big Chessie, not right now. We are in the process of building a new unit at the refienery and that has put a hold on all hiring. I guess that is what a 45 millions dollar project will do to your ability to hire anyone.

16. Ohiobassman54

Ohiobassman54 ohiobassman54

This is my job now retired very young :)

17. BigChessie

Oh well lol I guess I can stick it out the next 18 months till I retire then.

18. 5 days a week Monday through Friday with a flexible schedule. Once last year of grad school starts in September, it'll be school to some extent 7 days week and 5 days during breaks.

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Chessie, How in the worlds are you old enough to retire? Man, must be nice.

Jim, 6figures? Man, I cant wait to see your new boat in the next year or so! That sucker ought to be nice!!!! Can you get one for me too?

I techinacally work in the "banking business" , but I only wish I could work 8-5. My line, REPO's is never a set schedule.

20. 5 days a week Monday through Friday with a flexible schedule. Once last year of grad school starts in September, it'll be school to some extent 7 days week and 5 days during breaks.