How many can you get?

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by icefisherman4life, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Hey guys sorry this is kinda dumb but i lost my regulation book but how many deer can you take/check in, in a day? i thought it was 2 but im not sure. thanks

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I belive that the regulations online said that you had to have your temporary tag on any killed deer before pursuing/hunting another one. So, just get your temporary tag on the first deer before you go after another one, then check them in all at the same time.

3. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

This might help from the ODNR website:

Deer Tagging

Every person who kills a deer must immediately detach the temporary tag from their deer permit and immediately attach that tag to the dead deer at the place where it fell. The temporary tag must have the name and address of the hunter and date and time the deer was killed. Your temporary deer tag must be separated from the deer permit and tied to the deer. Attach a piece of string, wire, etc. to your temporary tag before you hunt. Carry a pen or pencil and a watch with you to fill out your temporary tag. The temporary tag must remain on the deer until it is taken to an official deer check station for permanent tagging. See Deer Check Station Locations online. Once a temporary tag is detached from the permit, it is illegal to hunt or pursue deer with a hunting device without purchasing an additional valid deer permit (See Concealed Carry information). For multiple deer permit holders, the first deer taken in the day must have been temporarily tagged before hunting or pursuing another deer.

Hunters with deer permits must use the temporary tag from the permit. Landowners and tenants who take a deer on their land and any other person not required to purchase a deer permit as well as hunters who purchase a deer permit over the Internet must make and attach their own tag with their name, address, and date and time killed. This tag must be attached to the dead deer immediately in the field at the place were it fell.