close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How long of a wait to vote?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Net, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Hit the polls at 7:15am today. By far the longest line I can remember in our little twp. Twenty people waiting :rolleyes: :p but everyone knows each other so it went by pretty fast.

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!

2. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Walked out at 8:27. Piece of cake. Had I been there an hour earlier I may have waited an hour. My wife voted before going to work and called me and said that the line was 50 deep. Once everyone went to work the lines went away. I am an outside salesperson so I could wait until the 8-5ers were gone.

The lines will be long tonight when people are off work again. It's a great thing to see so many turn out for what I think is the most important aspect of our society. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about anything that is going on. If you can't take the time to get involved for what amounts to a miniscule amount of time every couple of years, you don't deserve any of the say. Period.

UFM82

3. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Walked in and walked out. Very friendly people. They said it was a mob when they first opened. Its going to be a very exciting night.

4. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

The wife and I went at 8:30 had a 1 hour wait. The lady that checked us in said that they were shorted 2 voting machines. When we usually vote there are only 1 or 2 people in front of us this time there were 2 lines out the door.

5. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

In all it took me 1 hour and 22 min. I usually go in the evening after work but decided to go in early this time.

6. Just came back and it only took us 15 minutes. Fastest time ever! I think we finally found the perfect time to go.

7. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

just under two hours. was packed @ twenty till seven.

I think it was the morning rush, because it seemed to be calming down as I left.

after work rush will be nuts I reckon

8. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

2 minutes to vote - 2 hours to get to the machine. I got there a little before opening and there was quite a line. They seemed to really be struggling getting people signed in. I was out the door probably 20 minutes after getting signed in.

9. In line at 0910, outta there at 0925.

10. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

We live in a rural Twp. a lot of early risers. Wife and i figured we would go about 10 and the rush would be over. Got there at 10:15 looked like the whole Twp. had the same idea. Took one hour. Didn't know that many lived here. VERY good to see this type of turnout, finally.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

walked in,signed in,did my thing.no line,and there was an open machine waiting for me.in the dor and out in 5 minutes:)
    it was too easy,LOL.

12. just went a few mins ago...had to wait on one person

13. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Walked in at 9:45am and there no one in line. One machine out of the three was open. Signed in, got my card, voted, and I walked out. Can't get no easier than that.

14. My wife went to the polls shortly before 7 and had to wait about a hour and 15 minutes, I needless to say went to the same spot at 8 and only waited about 25-30 minutes.

15. It took me about 45 mins. but I'm glad its all over. A few people even ended up leaving because of the wait

16. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

that is to bad.

I would like to see election day a national holida y.

17. no line, walked in voted walked out in about 5 minutes

LoweBoat

18. One hour and 15 minutes.

19. Gonna hit the drive thru,then the polls.

20. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Went in at 7 and didn't expect a line in my small, rural township. I think about half of the township was there holding their coffee waiting in line. Still, only took 45 minutes.