Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The run itself is over. But there's white bass in the river all summer long. They seem to move up the river as the year progresses. I won't catch them at all around Side Cut up to Jerome, but I've caught them up at Wiers Rapids. Probably pick them up all the way to Grand rapids. You won't catch a lot of them tho, like during the run. The run is probably May 1st to the end of May or maybe June

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The run itself is over. But there's white bass in the river all summer long. They seem to move up the river as the year progresses. I won't catch them at all around Side Cut up to Jerome, but I've caught them up at Wiers Rapids. Probably pick them up all the way to Grand rapids. You won't catch a lot of them tho, like during the run. The run is probably May 1st to the end of May or maybe June
I currently have a 10 foot kayak. Do you think I would be able to launch at Farnsworth Boat launch and catch them around the island? Or is that a bunch of a rapids through that section. I've never been on that part of the river, but I do leave very close to there.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The rapids start downstream of the Farnsworth boat launch. They are the rapids right above Roche de Bouf and kind of start the Waterville section of the river Around the island in front of Farnsworth the water is pretty slow moving . Usually if we're kayaking there its just for kayaking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rapids start downstream of the Farnsworth boat launch. They are the rapids right above Roche de Bouf and kind of start the Waterville section of the river Around the island in front of Farnsworth the water is pretty slow moving . Usually if we're kayaking there its just for kayaking.
Am I better off trying to find a place to launch that is closer to the lake to catch some? Or should I just skip them altogether and try for smallmouth? Pretty new to the area and trying to figure out what I can nab for summer fishing.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
All of the break walls along the lake especially at the mouths of the channels will have schools of large white bass. The river run is over although theirs likely some resident fish in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts