close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How is the pond bite?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmason, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Its been awhile since I have been able to fish. I am hoping to be able to go check out one of my favorite ponds this friday. Has anyone had any luck with ponds recently?

2. catking

catking Banned

They ( ponds) are still producing rather well. Especially in the late evenings. But Thursday is suppose to get cold, and this will probably shut down the fish bite for awhile. Good luck to you and please report any action ;) THE CATKING !!!

3. My son and I have been fishing a couple of 20 acre lakes all of November. Total depth is about 30 feet in both. Have caught at least 1-2 channels on livers every time we have gone ...no skunk (fingers crossed). We fish with slip bobbers about 15-20 feet deep and leave the poles alone. Takes a long time to get a bite, but you do get some and they are almost always converted to fish. Last weekend we caught 3-4 gills, a crappie, a 6" LM bass and a 3 pound channel. Everything but the cat was on nightcrawlers... liver for the cat. Panfish & bass on bobber with 2 feet of line below. Beats pacing the floor inside...

The boy caught a 4lb 6oz channel last week, his personal best for being 10 years old.

We're going tomorrow. We'll see if the cold put them off.

4. no pond stories here had a ton of luck in the river on friday about 22 lbs of shovel and channel combined. I love to catfish in the winter it keeps my slfd in check. (seasonal lack of fishing depression) good luck to all any witer tips greatly apprecieated.

5. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Last week I caight about a 15inch largemouth and some crappie. Last night we caught 8 crappie right after dark.

Also caught some saugeye down at paint spillway. :)