close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how is the fishing for steelheads

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mbw1924, Feb 15, 2005.

1. mbw1924

mbw1924 mbw1924

hello people i am a new member and i wanted to know how the fishing for the steelheads is going. i havent been able to make it up north yet this year. i am planning to make it up this weekend. if someone will let me know how the fishing is and what rivers they are hitting on i would greatly appreceate it. my email is mbw1924@ohiogamefishing.com thank you.

2. went to conneaut creek yesterday afternoon,3 hookups landed 2, both fresh fish, biggest going 27 inches, water was off still off color and a little high, went to the ashtabula river today because of the rain last night and runoff it was up today, didn t fish today, weather is calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow by the weekend, smaller creeks and tribs should fishable this weekend.

3. WELCOME ABOARD mbw1924

No need to post your email bro you may want to keep that private due to all the email pirates...
    During you post simply scroll down and make sure the following showing:

Attached Files:

• z.gif
      z.gif
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Views:
  4. mbw1924

mbw1924 mbw1924

hey thanks for the info bulafisherman. i plan on heading up to the ashtabula. if you get back out before sat. let me know how it goes.

5. mbw1924,

Hey! Welcome! Well most of the water levels on the Northern Ohio rivers has leveled to a pretty fair height. The water quality is not gin clear, but it is fishable. Alot of Shad are dominating the smalled tribs and creeks closer to the Lake. Try to fish some of the smaller creeks and tribs. You can try various spots on the Rocky, Chagrin, and Grand Rivers. The Vermillion is getting better. Cold Creek in Sandusky is producing some fairly well sized fish, rainbows, and browns. But keep in mind the "ditches" are going to be packed and sometimes bring out the worst in people. I can give you better info and places to check out if you PM me or I will email you. We are supposed to get snow tonight, so Idon't know. I'll keep in touch.

Mat

6. mbw1924

mbw1924 mbw1924

how was the fishing last weekend

7. I fished the lower rocky sat afternoon 12-4 and sunday 6:45am to 12. I was at the horse ford for a bit and then worked both north and south of the ford. On sat I had two hook ups with one hen landed. Sunday I had 7 hookups and 6 landed. Alot of the fish had little or no color. BTW, I cought them on steel head eggs and jig and maggot. (Black mini foo jig)