Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into trying some parts of the Cuyahoga in the park in a few weeks. Any certain areas to check?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
If you're looking on Google Earth, look for the areas with steep slopes coming up from the river. This will show you the rockier areas, which hold more smallmouth. I have heard that below the spillway by S.R. 82 is good. I've fished in Penninsula a couple of times and caught a few, but I haven't really fished it hard.

I caught 6 smallies over 12" the last time I went to the river in my honey hole upstream of the national park. That's about my average for this spot. If you want to meet up and fish it, let me know!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but I too am looking to fish the cuyahoga and planned on starting at oxbow in the valley. I "google earth" viewed it all the way to Erie (I think, LOL). My question is (whichever way its easier to answer) where are we allowed to fish and what's off limits? The map handout and the online site doesnt really identify fishable areas very well. I can't afford another fine, but need to expand my fishing horizons. Willing to travel up to 45 min from Akron. Don't have to be honey holes, but just a better idea of where I won't get in trouble at. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to know the same info the dirty mudskipper is asking. Is Anywhere in the park property allowed to be fished and where does private start? Anyone with answers or knows where to direct us to find the answers would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Went to oxbow by picnic area/ hiking trail, seemed off so I left. Drove to kent and caught a smallie, just a baby. I know there off rt 59 is allowed, behind waterworks in Munroe falls, Fred fuller in kent, but other than that I'm lost.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree sportinwood also I like under hillside bridge over there!!! Good luck I hope you find them

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
There is a ton of park land along the river through summit county. You can check the Metroparks' maps. Also, anywhere in the cuyahoga valley national park, you can fish along the river. You can also check the summit county GIS website that shows aerial views with property lines. It can be a little tricky to use at first and is not as smooth as google earth, but it does have property lines that area usually accurate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts