close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how do you store your tackle

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by joefish422, Jun 30, 2005.

1. I will soon be getting a new box or bag and just wanted some input on how guys store your tackle i am really leaning towards a soft box. right now i have a plano double and my soft plastic bags are everywhere

2. I have a soft tackle box and love it. Mine is by Flambeau and has 5 Plano boxes in the main area. There is a place to put plastics, areas to put spinnerbait boxes on the sides, and a 2 pockets in the front to tools or other misc. items. The is also a cupholder built on the side. The padded shoulder strap makes hauling around everything very easy, especially if you have to hike a ways to your spot. Also, since the Plano boxes they come with are easily purchased by themselves, you can mix and match your bag depending on what sort of fishing you're planning to do.

3. dnm

dnm

I agree, I have a soft bag and they are great!

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

my "tackle box" is a backpack.

i have a few things in there that you always need such as tape measure, hook remover, etc.

then all my tackle is sorted by species and lure type into those 10"x8" plastic see through boxes.

such as,

bass lures
    small crankbaits
    large crankbaits
    trout/steelhead (spoons and flies)
    plastics
    lake erie (perch hooks, jig heads, etc.)
    ice fishing
    ice fishing
    ice fishing
    general purpose (hooks, sinkers, bobbers, etc.)

and so on....

if im going for something specific, i just take the one box i need and dont have to lug everything around.

i like it because when i was a kid all my stuff in one box was a tangled, heavy, stinkin rusty mess.

now everything is nice and organized and i know where everything is.