close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do ya catch cats when your in a boat?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Juan More Fish, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

How do you fish for cats in a boat? I have always fished for cats on land /bank fishing.I have a boat and would like to start fishing for them in a boat.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

same way ya do from the bank. Or are you asking what all is needed, as far as state requierments for the boat.

3. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

Which is better?
    I always use shrimp. And straight line em

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Bait up tp you. but i slack line em. leave the bail open so the san run. dont tight line. cant say which is better. fished from bank alot and from boat for cats once lol. but it seems as if boat would be better. easier to move and get on spot where fish should be.

Good luck.

5. fishinking

fishinking G0 Bucks!

Any way you want! lol... I fish the same as I would on the bank, I've never liked tightlining nor the open bail technique, I fish with just a tiny bit of slack (couple turns on a spining reel) in the line.... Liver and cut shad/bluegill on the bottom and shrimp underneath bobber anywhere from 2-6 feet in depth... Good Luck!!!!!!!! Jimmy!!!! :B

6. :T :T :T

They'll tear up bombers and rattletraps when trolling,even at 3mph and keeping cranks barely dragging the bottom.

They like to clamp on and get entire treble hook in their mouth-when they get hooked,then their mouths are hooked shut and makes it a pain in the butt to get that treble hook out.They slime the heck out of my carpet too!

Largest Cat- 22" and over 3 lbs. Even got a Flathead around the same size.

I don't target cats when i troll,but some days it's very hard to keep them off your cranks. They are all full of eggs right now and going crazy.