close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Man, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Are there any interesting stories out there? Reel Lady and I have a unique one that one of us will share soon. I just don't have it in me after a long day at work to sit and write. I'd love to read some of yours though and I will try to muster the energy or talk Reel Lady into sharing ours later this evening or tomorrow.

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I met my wife at college. She was sitting on a picnic table in front of her dorm. She had a pair of shorts on that really showed off her legs and I was hooked. She then proceeded to blind me with her dazzling green eyes. I was then brainwashed happily ever after.

It may not sound like much - but it was for me.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

At work, I was my wifes boss..Now it's the other way around.

4. I found my GF's number on the wall in the men's room...BTW whoever put it their LIES ;) :eek:.........

OUCHHH!!!! OUCHHHH!!! OUUUUU......OK, OK Babe, Sorry, I was just kidding.

I did a small home repair for her and it was just like in the movies. She invited me in and we started to have mad, passionate lo......OUCH!!!! OUCH!!!!OK, OK STOP!!!.....Jeeze, can't a guy have any fun anymore......so anyway...I was very professional and submitted a bid for the job, did a really nice job, took her money :D :D and a couple weeks later I made a follow-up call to make sure she was satisfied with the job, asked her out and we've been together ever since...

5. I spotted my wife in a chemistry class in college. I made darn sure I was in her lab group (even had to move my work schedule around). When scheduling for the following quarter, I offered my "help". I wrote down her entire schedule and tried to get into all her classes. I got into 3 out of 4 :D

She knew something was up right away when I "just happened" to be in her classes. I asked her out the 1st week of the quarter and she shot me down! :eek: I walked her to her car after an evening class the following week and asked for a date a second time - no dice! I've never been shy with the ladies and have pretty thick skin, so I wasn't even close to giving up. A few weeks went by so I decided to give it another shot. I stopped her after class and told her I would not stop unitl she let me take her out, but she refused. I was disappointed to say the least.

By chance, I ran into her that night at the library. Finally, after convincing her I wasn't a stalker, she gave me her #. We dated for 7 years before getting married in March 2003. I'll tell anybody - never give up on the one you want. It took me 6 weeks and asking her out 4 times to finally get a date. Now I can't imagine myself with anybody else.

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

We met on a blind date set-up by our Mom's. We dated three years then tied the knot a little over 2 years ago.

7. Pretty cool so far.

I met my wife in sept of 1980 behind Frishes in Wilmington back when they had curb service. She was celebrating her 18th birthday I think she fell in love with me at first sight lol.

8. JV1

JV1

I was taking my little girl to check out a new school, her teacher was tall and had long blonde hair and blue eyes , a great figure and great smile.. thats all she wrote

9. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

no big story here, met her at work. both work for the same company, she has 32 years and i have 26 years at this company, been married 22 years.

10. 24 years ago i was 15 and i had a buddy spending the night at my house and there was a girl lived down the street that was having a slumber party.her parents was not home so me and my buddy decides to get butt naked and walk in and get a drink of water. well there must have been 20 girls in there but only one called a few days later and ive been with her ever since. true story :D :D

11. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Well, you all know me well enough by now. I Race! :) Actually Red won me in a drag race! We both had Corvettes. I had a 62' Red had a 63' fuelie. :cool: I lost! 26 years ago. And yes, Red is still faster than me! :mad: Well, not on the water though! LOL
    LakeRaider and Red (.)(.)

12. catking

catking Banned

I've been married going on 26 years. We have known each other since I was 12 or so. She told her friends that I was the one she would marry one day. Eight years later, we did get married.I tell her now that is a classic case of entrapment ;) She's still my best friend. CATKING

13. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

catslayer! You da' man!!! That was too cool! :D Raider<><>

14. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like something was in the water then :D ............DA KING !!!

15. catking

catking Banned

Only one called.I'm not touching that one :D .DA KING !!!

16. After 18 + years of an awful marriage and 4 wonderful kids, Ezmarc and I hooked up on the computer on a local chat site 7 or so years ago. Wasn't sure if he was one of those freaks you hear about on those chat sites or not. Well..... ;)

17. She Was Hitchiking On The Hi-way....i Baited My Hook And She Took The Bait..i Released Her After A Yr. As She Kept Eating All My Bait..

18. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

They sent me pictures and bios and I paid $5,000 to have her shipped over here. Spent the first ten years teaching her English and have spent the last 7 years telling her to shut up. :eek:

Nah, seriously- she was my manager at Arby's where we worked. Dated for 4 years, been married 17 now. She's my bud.

UFM82

19. Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to meet my spouse on the internet...........Wasn't even going to reply if I didn't see some one else fess up.......LOl........Rich

20. I met my girl my sophomore year in high school, 1998. I was chasing some other girl at the time and she had moved down to the ashland area because her parents bought a restaraunt in Jeromesville. I fell for her the first day I saw her, and forgot about the other girl. We started dating and it was awesome for a year, then her parents decide to move back home (in northeast wayne county). So for about 3 years I would drive 45 minutes after school/work on fridays and occasionally during the week to hang out with her, and her parents let me spend the weekend at their house. I put a lot of miles on my chevy pickup driving to and from her house. Also missed out on a HELL of a lot of fishing/hunting with my cousin and the rest of my family but was well worth it. After about a year of full-time work and making this drive every weekend outta high school, I decided to go to college near her. Got a job at a truss shop and left mansfield cement products, to move to a cheap apartment up here. Talk about culture shock, I HATE CITY LIFE. And absolutely no where to hunt! Well, things got better, she graduated from the career center and I stopped going to college (really don't know what the hell I wanna be, can I get paid to fish and hunt?). I left the "apartment/tinyplacetolive" and we bought a home and moved out together. And here we are still, ready to get married but we need to save money first. I need to figure out what I want to do and get into college for it, as well as buy some land in the country and get the *&%$ OUTTA THE CITY!!! Sorry, just hate it when you cant do nothing without someone watching. Well looks like I've wrote a book here so I better quit before it becomes a mini-series lol. Good fishin all, after the local streams water level has started falling the bite really slowed down. Lets hope the next bout of rain brings the good fishing back.