close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How did you find OGF?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Aug 10, 2004.

1. From A Friend

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. From An Email

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Saw Us On TV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Heard About Us On The Radio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Read About Us In The Newspaper

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Search Engine (Internet)

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  7. Saw Us On A Sticker/Shirt ect...

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Just curious here guys...we should've been tracking this all along, but hey we've been having too much fun lately that it never crossed our minds! Thanks for the support!

2. I came over from the old site, and I found it through a search engine

3. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

same here came over from GFO when everyone else bailed out

4. I just followed the crowd and ended up here. They looked like they knew where they were going and they were right.

5. maumeemoon

maumeemoon Just one more cast...

I saw a blip about it on OHFISHING.com and checked it out.

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

A little birdie called me and let me know to check the web at this address on this date cause our previously unpaid volunteer moderators had all quit and were starting a new website.

He also threatened me with death and no more **** ***** fishing trips if I told anyone. I didn't.

8. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Lundy invited me over from the old site..... after meeting him ice fishing at Presque Isle last year..... great guy..... can't wait to hook up again on the hardwater at P.I.

9. I also came over from GFO and have been throughly impressed with the site and what you guys have done!

10. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

same thing. came from GFO. glad i did. this is much better. it is better run and is less combative than the other site. i wanted a " FISHING" site, not a war zone.

11. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I know you guys tried to get rid of me by creating this new site but Im pesty like that.

:) :p

12. I came over from "the other" site.

13. I read a post about OGF on that "other" site.

Scott

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

came over from the old site and was sent an email by someone.

15. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

We actually met Ruminator and his Wife as we were loading our boat onto the trailer for the very first time. (This was our first day on the water with our new boat) :)
    They were soooo helpful to us "novices", and also told us about this website.

Reel Lady (Marcia)

16. From a profile signatures "favorite link" on another forum...

17. ShakeDown

Bump! Thanks for the votes thus far folks...keep em coming if you haven't already!

Thanks!!

18. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Shake,

If you want a more accurate way to decipher where people come from, put a "Where did you find us" option in the registration process.....and make it mandantory. THen have those results put into a text file that can be accessed by the admin. With a poll like this, I can falsely claim where I came from. Not likely that someone would do that, but they are less likely to do that on a registration page.

19. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I was emailed by action, telling me about OHfishing. I don't think he knew about this site yet either. The on OH I saw a link to here.

I have to say thank you to all of you that make this work. I like this site better than gfo. it is a better atmosphere and looks better and,.......well need I go on. I want to buy some OGF stuff sometime and donate to the cause. However I can't do that right now financially. I promise I will though! Thanks again to all of you! :)

Rocky Moore
    (rockbass)

20. ShakeDown

Shawn,

We will be doing that, however it doesn't help us with the previous 1900 members that we didn't ask during registration ;) I don't think guys would falsify something like this regardless...although we are ALL FISHERMEN are we not? Kinda comes with the turf :D :D hehehe