close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How did everyone do this weekend?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by bassattacker, Jun 18, 2007.

1. i went to the private club i belong too and got into some decent size channels and caught a flattie, the channels were 1-4lbs. and the flat was 5lbs. but all in all wasnt a bad evening spending it with my family and moms and pops fishing.

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

not looking for an all out brawl here but I went to catfisherman's paradise II this past weekend and caught 19...all were flatties between 5lb-23lbs, except for the 52lb bluecat we caught...but probably saw close to 150 fish caught...the biggest flattie of the day was 45lbs and the biggest blue was 60lb.....

then saturday night...and uncle, my dad, and I went up to st. marys and caught 9 channels with the biggest being around 3 lbs...but he had probably close to 50 hits...they are starting to spawn so its just a nibble then they let go

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

good job on the channels bassattacker

4. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

We fished in the COCC tourney Sat. night at O'shay and did decent caught 8 cats, 7 keepers between 2-3 lbs 15.5lbs total, Bite was strong till dusk and then didnt pick back up till after 12am (at least for us) All were taken on shad, did better with live ones under a bobber, than the cutbait. And I would agree that the bites were light if you didnt have the pole in your hand you probally missed em. I think it was 28lbs won it with 2nd at 22 lbs and i beleive we got 5th with 15.5 Big fish on the night was 8lbs.

5. yeah the flat that i caught was the only one that ran with the bait (live goldfish) the rest were really light bites one blue gill (live and Cut) my wife was getting so mad cause the bite was so light that she just started setting the hook as soon as she felt the lightest twitch, a good thing though the blue gill are starting to spawn too so the cats will be on feeding frenzies. all night at the club u could hear the cats and bass busting the banks hard.

pendog u and bigdogsteve do any good this weekend.

6. pendog66

no we didnt do any good, it was the night from hell. Every spot we went to had people in it who had no idea or the tackle to fish the spot. So we settle for a crappy spot that does have flatheads but only got 2 runs. We also kept shad alive all night which surprised us

7. well maybe this weekend will prove better now that the moon will be a full quarter with a full moon the following weekend.

8. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

our trip this past weekend was a huge waste of time, Me and Nate were so frustrated we wanted to scream. Nice job on the channels Brandon. When we head out again we will make sure we have enough bait and hit our spot early enough to get our spots. Oh and Nate those shad stayed alive because they were 2 feet long.....lol

9. thats good on the shad, and at 2 foot long thats some huge shad lmfao.

10. bigdogsteve-o

maybe not quit that long,but they were long as hell though

11. i think this rain will change things for fishing this upcoming weekend, def will get the oxygen levels up in the water, hopefully its not so much to were its flooding and not fishable.

12. bigdogsteve-o

I think with it raining so early in the week it shouldn't effect the rivers too bad.

13. FISHNASTY

FISHNASTY The Catfather

I fished Clendening (not a paylake) and the cats are very active. 4 channels and two flatheads, all on live bluegill. Flatheads went 17, 24.

14. pendog66

i agree with steve, and those shad were the biggest ive seen, im using one for bait this weekend

15. bigdogsteve-o

Well Nate I guess we will have dueling shad just like we have dueling abu's.....I will have to do agan this time what I did a couple of weeks ago....you got:S

16. pendog66

you sir are a richard......... Yeah well i will show you, get your own bait im retiring the cast net and all the bait holes

17. bigdogsteve-o

Well that is just wrong Nate. I am sure you will want to retire after this weekend when I expand my lead even more

18. pendog66

yeah right, im takin the lead this weekend

19. pendog66

oh and on another note, you might have an advantage on saturday cuz jake and i will still probaly be drunk from the nhl draft lol. and yes the sissy jacob is coming

20. sounds like this weekends fishing trip could be interesting for u guys LOL