close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How desperate can one get ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phil Carver, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I had to go over to the inlaws after the open tourny at Alum Creek Sat. to dig some fence posts . Well I found a baitcaster in the garage that one of the kids had backlashed really bad . I decided that I needed a break so I worked on getting the backlash out . It took me about 40 minutes to do so ! :( After finally getting it straightend out , I wanted to finaly catch a fish this year ! :D Well , I couldnt find a hook anywhere in the place so I got desperate . I decide to have a brain storm and bend a finishing nail and useing a piece of ribbon on it . Well to my amazement , IT WORKED ! At first I had alot of trouble keeping them on but caught on that I needed to just horse them in . In about 35-40 min , I had landed 7 bass and a gill ! :) When I was realing in the gill , I saw a big wake comeing behind it . A 3.5 to 4# bass scared the crap out of me when it came out of the water after the gill and about landed at my feet . These bass were only 10 - 12" just stocked 3 seasons ago , and have gotten huge fast ! They have helped the gill population out big time . I am seeing alot nicer gills now instead of the thousands of 2" ones . Also , I saw 3 males garding nests already , thats a good sign . :)

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

phil, you are such a freakin red neck! you mean you don't carry a rod with you at all times???? not even one hook?

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I wouldnt put one of my rods in my truck ever . They cost to much $$$ and it would come up missing as fast as i could blink . The hooks are going in the glove box asap[ ! :D

4. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

That is too funny... but yes, desperate times call for desperate measures :D You get an "A" in my book for being resourceful :)
    It kinda made me laugh though. Brought back my own memories of when I was about 6 years old. We had a couple tropical fish aquariums, and I remember how I would sit there for hours just studying these fish. Well, one day I got the brilliant idea of "Fishing" in my Dad's prized fishtank. At this point, I had never fished before, so technically I suppose this was my first time fishing. :D I rigged an ultra ultra ultra lite set up using a Pencil (for my rod), Thread and a re-bent paperclip. I fished and fished for hours, and not not even ONE hit! Oh wait, I didnt know anything back then about the importance of "Bait!" lol.... ahhh memories...

5. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

were the inlaws saying JUST LIKE A KID GOOFING OFF WITH WORK TO DO

6. You been watching those MacGyver reruns again Phil. :D Gotta admit it man, I'm impressed. Good story.

Barry