I had to go over to the inlaws after the open tourny at Alum Creek Sat. to dig some fence posts . Well I found a baitcaster in the garage that one of the kids had backlashed really bad . I decided that I needed a break so I worked on getting the backlash out . It took me about 40 minutes to do so ! After finally getting it straightend out , I wanted to finaly catch a fish this year ! Well , I couldnt find a hook anywhere in the place so I got desperate . I decide to have a brain storm and bend a finishing nail and useing a piece of ribbon on it . Well to my amazement , IT WORKED ! At first I had alot of trouble keeping them on but caught on that I needed to just horse them in . In about 35-40 min , I had landed 7 bass and a gill ! When I was realing in the gill , I saw a big wake comeing behind it . A 3.5 to 4# bass scared the crap out of me when it came out of the water after the gill and about landed at my feet . These bass were only 10 - 12" just stocked 3 seasons ago , and have gotten huge fast ! They have helped the gill population out big time . I am seeing alot nicer gills now instead of the thousands of 2" ones . Also , I saw 3 males garding nests already , thats a good sign .