close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How come we can't delete our post anymore

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atrkyhntr, Jul 18, 2004.

1. It can be set to a time limit which is very helpful...
    THANKS

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You can deleate your own post. You can't deleate someone elses post. Only the staff can do that. Why deleate post anyway? You'd be surprised how many read old post.

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Dale check but if you are the person that starts a thread, you can go back and edit it but you cannot go back and delete it. It doesn't give you that option. If you reply to a thread, you can go back and edit or delete it. That's what I've found in my attempts. I've put a post or 2 in the wrong spot and had to have a moderator move it rather than delete and repost.

4. Thats what I said ... ur.... tried to say LOL

I had an IE browser error and needed to delete an unfinished post
    (the poll did not show up) but I could not...

5. I inadvertantly hit "new thread" instead of "reply". I tried to delete to new thread but could not.

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Let me know what post and I'll take care of it. This is done to assure someone doesn't deleate a post that someone else started. Not a problem guys.

7. I can edit my post but I can't edit the Title.

8. oh...
    with this program (vbulletin) that is not a problem...
    I admin a forum and know this to be true ;)

9. catking

catking Banned

It's to keep someone from deleting their own thread. Say you have a 4 page thread going , somebody replys to it in a nasty way, and the person who started the thread can then delete the whole thread. The site looses all the good info because the person who started the thread decided they don't like some of the answers. That's what moderators are for. Any time ANYBODY wants to delete something, just drop one of us (OGF TEAM ) a PM, and we will do it for you . I hope this answers your question . There was problems in the past with members deleteing long threads. CATKING