close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How big are yours?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I made my first ever boilies tonight, just finished.....2am :eek:

However, they look kinda big? Not as big as a golf ball, but maybe the size of the top of a shot glass would be the biggest one. I made a few that are the size of a two litre cap.

It was more of an experiment. I'm gonna tell you guys what I did, please give any suggestions/ideas:

First batch, used corn meal, vanilla, bisquick, sugar and the juice from a can of sweet corn. Mostly corn meal, a little sugar and bisquick and some vanilla. No water, just juice from the can. Made balls and boiled for 2 minutes or so.

Second batch, same with sugar free rasberry jello packet.

I went to Meijers and couldn't find half the things you guys talk about. What are just some basic boilie ingredients? I really have no idea what I'm doing :p

2. Well......... :rolleyes: after looking at a web site mentioned in another post, I realized that my balls are too big.

Where do I get the different flavorings? Will jello powders work or are liquids better? I'd hate to pay to order from across the pond...........

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

........."I realized that my balls are too big."

I wont even comment....hahahahah.

Anyway, Boilies range from Micros 6-8mm all the way up to 24mm...ive used double 22mm boilies and caught 15 lb. carp on them.

Bigger baits dont always keep the smaller carp away...but if there not bigger than a golf ball i bet ya they'll catch just fine.

IMO,
    Scott

PS...about flavorings...man if you want a few awsome sources to get flavoring without ordering from the UK...give me a shout sometime!

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

donkey choker bait will get you a donkey choker fish.. i would still try out anyways, just leave it in the water for looonger than usual.. ;)

6. Where can I get semolina? I looked at meijer's, didn't see any.......... Definately need to find some flavorings, after boiling my boilies the rasberry ones don't have much scent........we'll see. I have a box of wheaties and some corn :eek: :F

7. crappielooker

GFS..
    sometimes ya don't need the flavor to be really strong.. you can always add.. :)

8. Are you guys still going to cosi?

9. crappielooker

i'm whooped, but i may come out for abit around noon-ish. since i have to be downtown
    .. :eek: .. hook,line&sinker(bill) is there fishing right now.. well, when i went over the bridge 30minutes ago..

10. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

So let me get this right
    Therefor it doesn't take big balls to catch big fish ?? ;)

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Who's going and what time?? If you guys head to COSI give me a shout...

Hey BB, Ak and i are trying to figure out a spot to hit tonight or monday night...i want to make it an all nighter with my brolly and bedchair, your welcome to come along for some night bite action if you want.

BB, you can always make a "dip" of the same flavor by using a simple plastic jar, 4-6oz of clear Karo syrup and add the amount of flavor you want(strong or light)..works great to recharge your baits.

Scott

12. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    And they're such big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls
    But we've got the biggest balls of them all

Sorry. Just a little AC/DC

13. I know where cosi is.......do you guys go directly behind it or what? It has been a long time since I was in that area...

14. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL..Tim was thinking the same song too man.

Jim, NOPE ya always need big balls no matter what..and YES i do !

Scott

15. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

BB, pull in the bus entrance right before ya go over the bridge(next to the river)...then make a quick left turn and drive down the path right to the big open area directly in front of the stadium seats and the river...fish where ever ya want.

If you guys are going down there from NOON til dark..i certainly might join ya!

Scott

16. crappielooker

there's a road closed sign there at cosi.. pay no attention to it and drive right in.. go down by the river.. park kinda away from the water or try not to block the bikepath.. they get kinda bitchy about that.. :)

17. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Well, all I can say then is... I did catch a 62# wild bluecat out of 54' fow in the Ohio River...draw your own conclusions.

(That was the nicest way I could put it...*lol*) Okay now, I'm off to church, ya'll have a good time.

18. I'm gonna be headin' out in the next 1/2 hour after I get my things together and give mushi a call. I plan to be there atleast until 5 or 6......depending on the fishing :F

19. I mainly catch stunted bluegill and average size bass :rolleyes: :D

20. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jim...trust me, ive drawn my own conclusions long ago.......have fun a church.

BB, are ya heading to COSI for sure?

Scott