How Are The Breakwalls Looking?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by rpaisie, Oct 1, 2008.

1. rpaisie

rpaisie Steelhead Slayer

Any information on how the breakwalls are doing?

2. I've been out there three times and have gotten two fish. I saw a couple caught, heard of some decent days. With these cold temps and rain, more fish should be coming in. The further east, the better the reports you will hear.

3. I did well west this past weekend :eek:

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

brisk, steady winds from the NW this morning. this is edgwater park from the pier looking east at 9am this morning. no trailers in the lot at the ramp.

theyre out there, whenever conditions are favorable its worth a shot. but not so much today it seems.:(

Attached Files:

5. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Went to Fairport last week with crappie lover and fished the short wall.Drifted jig and maggots under floats (couple hits.....no fish) also tossed spoons. I caught 2 and we missed a few others......Smaller KO's and CLEO's in silver/green...silver/blue worked best. Fish are there...just need right place...right time factor.Rains and colder temps. of this week.....should crank up the action, soon as waters settle down... Good fishin......Jon Sr.

6. rpaisie

rpaisie Steelhead Slayer

Thanks for the information guys. Is it starting to pick anymore since the temps dropped?

I'll be up at Fairport Perch fishing with some buddies this weekend. If I see any steelhead action off the walls, I'll be sure to post.

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

it seems ok, most guys agree its slow but you can definitely hook up. anytime the wind isnt from a northerly direction and i have free time ill be casting. the water clarity is good all over. i caught a 25 1/2"er last evening. it was a jumper! theyre all over. good luck to you.

8. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

hardwaterfan.......glad you struck "silver" last evening.Your totally right on their all over....lake/river mouths/ harbors/way up in the rivers........take your pick and put your offering near one that's interested........be spoon/spinner/ jig and bait/ 0r fly combo........and it's game on... Hope that this next predicted rain will trigger the the water temp's and get the "silver masses" cranked up and even more eager to strike ( those offerings). Hope it turns into a great season for all, rather soon.....cause everyone's chomping at the bit......Jon Sr.