close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How are Ice jigs more productive than Regualar jigs.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DetaiL, May 25, 2008.

1. DetaiL

DetaiL

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. i usually fish with ice jigs under slip floats for crappie and do really well but when i use regular jigs under slips i do hardly any good. Why is it so.. Is it because the ice jigs is a more vertical look than the regualar jig head. When i put a minnow on a ice jig i am very confident that a decent crappie will take the offering. WHen i put a live minnow on a regular jig i get nothing.

Has anyone else had this same problem.. I will be buying more jigs from this site hear.. THey have awsome ice jigs.
    I also need to buy another minnow cast net so i can get out to the large schools of minnows without having to throw a drop net a thousand times.. i hate having to go and throw drop nets off the banks to get minnows..Anyone experience these same issues i have recently...

2. the only thing i can say is the ice jigs look more like a larva of some sort a jig head just looks like a ball with a space and them some bait thats my guess i only use ice jigs for crappie when i fish under a float

3. DetaiL

DetaiL

Thanks for the response.

4. remember you cant use cast nets out on lake erie.