How are Ice jigs more productive than Regualar jigs.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DetaiL, May 25, 2008.

1. DetaiL

DetaiL

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. i usually fish with ice jigs under slip floats for crappie and do really well but when i use regular jigs under slips i do hardly any good. Why is it so.. Is it because the ice jigs is a more vertical look than the regualar jig head. When i put a minnow on a ice jig i am very confident that a decent crappie will take the offering. WHen i put a live minnow on a regular jig i get nothing.

Has anyone else had this same problem.. I will be buying more jigs from this site hear.. THey have awsome ice jigs.
    I also need to buy another minnow cast net so i can get out to the large schools of minnows without having to throw a drop net a thousand times.. i hate having to go and throw drop nets off the banks to get minnows..Anyone experience these same issues i have recently...

2. the only thing i can say is the ice jigs look more like a larva of some sort a jig head just looks like a ball with a space and them some bait thats my guess i only use ice jigs for crappie when i fish under a float

3. DetaiL

DetaiL

Thanks for the response.

4. remember you cant use cast nets out on lake erie.