How about Wellington Upper

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by reelmanly, Jan 9, 2009.

1. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Any reports on the ice [if any] at Wellington upper, Come on Riley give up the info LOL

2. i think he was abducted by aliens.... or just vanished from thin air :p whatever ice there is will be covered by about 10-15 inches of snow by tomorow night. :(

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Wellington is fishable. I'll be there in the morning.

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

What species are there in the res? Also , where is it located?

5. How was the fishing today bud? Thinking about going there in the a.m..

BK

6. Was at wellington today.
    5 inches thick.
    Got 40 keeper crappies
    2 gills and a 11 inch yellow perch.
    Crappies really turned on after dark.

7. Wannabitawerm

Saw Big Kev out there today. Crappies turned on after you left. Ice is maintaining but not really building yet. Ended with a dozen and a half gills, crappies. Ran out of heat so we called it around 7. Ran into somebody in the parking lot, (Sorry I can't remember your name.) Looking forawrd to seeing you guys out there again. If you're gonna fish out there, bring a lantern for after dark as the light can really pick up the bite.

Be safe out there.

I'll post next time I head out.

8. Wannabitawerm that was me in the parking lot you talked to. Would have liked to talk a little more since I've never iced fished before but the kids were calling to go sledding. Hope to see you guys out their again. Sounds like you guys had a decent day.

9. Wannabitawerm

Steve, I ran into another OGF'er out there too. I'll be out there this weekend as well. If you want to give it a shot, shoot me a pm.

10. CaptCanoe

CaptCanoe Dreamin of Fishin

Im hoping to get out there tommarow.. I havnt been able to ice fish yet, ut hearing wel. is iced over makes me wanna get out there... i fish it in my canoe all the time in summer and have great luck with gills, but not muchso with the cappie...so im hopin to nail some out there.. Hope to see someone out there...also last time i was there with my aqua view i thought i seen a walleye and i was wonderin if there is or ever was any in there?

11. Wannabitawerm

There is 'eyes in there. They're hard to find, but they're in there.

12. is there a local bait store for wax worms or mousies?? thanks

13. CaptCanoe

CaptCanoe Dreamin of Fishin

There is a bait store afew miles down 58 south of the res. called chet and frans..usually they have minnies waxies and things.