Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little bit of a late start today. Took out my moms husband. Lake was GLASS!! 2 of us ran north. Five hours and 35 fish later, we were headed back in. Didnt trade any out after our limits, we wanted eaters anyways. Released a lot of nice fish. Probly dropped a handful. Lots of doubles and triples. Used tru trips, inline weights and bouncers. All took fish. Trips being best.

It was my first time running tru trips. WOW! These things are awesome! Much easier to put out than inline weights that carry the worry of crossing over lines, both setting out boards, and bringing them in. They dont sink on turns. Genious! They pull a little hard but the offshores can handle it. Lots of eaters, good amount of decent fish, and a 10+ pounder to top it off. (First fish of the day!)
I apologize for the vague report. I wish i could give more details for the location, leads, depth ect.., but there is a tourney coming up. No freebies here. There are fish to be had out there fellas.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
For those of us that have fished lake erie for quite a few years you pretty much gave
your program. I would suggest if you are concerned about the upcoming tournament
you keep the details to yourself. Nice bunch of fish you caught today. Theres a lot
of bait out there. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,364 Posts
Im not fishing the tourney either. I was looking for those fish last week, friday and saturday. I see you found them for me. LOL ill be up this friday, and see if i can find them. nice bunch of eyes.

·
Home of the Tru Trips
183 Posts
Got a little bit of a late start today. Took out my moms husband. Lake was GLASS!! 2 of us ran north. Five hours and 35 fish later, we were headed back in. Didnt trade any out after our limits, we wanted eaters anyways. Released a lot of nice fish. Probly dropped a handful. Lots of doubles and triples. Used tru trips, inline weights and bouncers. All took fish. Trips being best.

It was my first time running tru trips. WOW! These things are awesome! Much easier to put out than inline weights that carry the worry of crossing over lines, both setting out boards, and bringing them in. They dont sink on turns. Genious! They pull a little hard but the offshores can handle it. Lots of eaters, good amount of decent fish, and a 10+ pounder to top it off. (First fish of the day!)
I apologize for the vague report. I wish i could give more details for the location, leads, depth ect.., but there is a tourney coming up. No freebies here. There are fish to be had out there fellas.
Great job HookEmUp;

I am happy to here You enjoyed using the TRU-TRIPS. They really are a simple and trouble free product.

Stay on those fish !

Dan

www.bigfishtuff.com

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas. I usually dont put up reports, but maybe ill participate a little more often now.
It was nice meeting you Eyeslayer. Good hear to hear from you too Rico. And Brian, its been a while buddy, hope to see ya out there sometime!

Dan, you have an awesome product, and ill continue to slip it in to my program more often. I forgot to mention how nice it is to be able to let it back 100+ft and its still on top of the surface. Acts just like naked cranks! I really dislike having to slowly let out weights when fishing close to bottom, and then your turn and your slack side drops into the zebras which knick your line, chip blades, and rip worms off ect. I now see why the big boat guys with 20+ rods run these. Easy to use for captains, customers, and guests.
One question. How many pounds of pressure should these be set at? I bought some more when we got off the lake and they seemed loose. I would set the trip arm and not even hear a click, then turn the diver upside down, and the arm would just drop out of the slot. The ones i got a few months ago i just gave em a 1/4 or 1/2 turn and seemed to be fine. But i would like to hear your personal recommendation. Thanks!

·
Home of the Tru Trips
183 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas. I usually dont put up reports, but maybe ill participate a little more often now.
It was nice meeting you Eyeslayer. Good hear to hear from you too Rico. And Brian, its been a while buddy, hope to see ya out there sometime!

Dan, you have an awesome product, and ill continue to slip it in to my program more often. I forgot to mention how nice it is to be able to let it back 100+ft and its still on top of the surface. Acts just like naked cranks! I really dislike having to slowly let out weights when fishing close to bottom, and then your turn and your slack side drops into the zebras which knick your line, chip blades, and rip worms off ect. I now see why the big boat guys with 20+ rods run these. Easy to use for captains, customers, and guests.
One question. How many pounds of pressure should these be set at? I bought some more when we got off the lake and they seemed loose. I would set the trip arm and not even hear a click, then turn the diver upside down, and the arm would just drop out of the slot. The ones i got a few months ago i just gave em a 1/4 or 1/2 turn and seemed to be fine. But i would like to hear your personal recommendation. Thanks!
The TRU-TRIPS are not preset yet. We do them by feel, about 1/3 of what you would do a dipsey. I set them fairly lite in calm water, when in rough water I tighten them a bit. I run up to 8 TRU-TRIPS per side many days and rarely have a tangle. Any issues please contact me, be it good or be it bad.

Dan

www.bigfishtuff.com

·
"Hell Froze Over" docked in Vermilion. VHF ch16/79
411 Posts
I'm assuming you're running up to 8 TT off of of big boards?

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok tourney over. We fished the Buoy. But before anyone starts planning trips, be aware it seems to be hit or miss lately up there. Most days they are a few miles north of it up in canada, but every once in a while a few of em make it down to say hello. Nothing is more depressing than running all that way to find sparse fish, while watching guys across the line lay into em. Canadian license and outdoors card will solve that. Just dont bring beer or liqour unless you have a galley in your boat. Good luck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts