close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hot weather

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by eagleclaw, Jul 18, 2005.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

since it's been hot will the bass go into deeper waters?
    i'm heading to winton woods soon i'll be fishing from the bank

2. peon

peon account delete

they will head to deeper water or back in coves or streams.... they will go where ever its colder water... if you have a boat with water temp on it just look for the coldest water.... im learning about bass fishing so im not sure how deep they will go....

3. Not all bass will go deep in the summer. The majority will but some will stay in the shallow water where there is some shade. This could be lilly pad fields, stump fields, etc. You will have to explore and look but there will be some shallow all the time.
    One suggestion, find a small stream to wade this time of year. It will contain cooler water and the fish will usually cooperate more. Smallies are a blast to catch.

4. In a pond near my house there are a buch of lilly pads. You can't catch fish outside of the lilly pads. So I just put on a heavy weedless jig and pull it through the pads and just kill the bass.

5. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I've been catching a lot of bass in bushes and under docks. They should be getting on the points and rock piles to. Right now you can catch them doing a lot of different techniques. Good Luck

6. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

ok thanks guys for the tip

7. reservoirs with a summer draw down tend to school bass on points and other structure in or near deep water.

8. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

if i ever get to my brothers he knows where to go