Hot saugeye bite GMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by GMRcatman, Nov 25, 2008.

1. GMRcatman

GMRcatman I'm Back!

I have hit the GMR for the last three nights with only two smaller eyes until tonight. I finally figured out the retrieve they wanted and ended up with 7 fish plus a bonus smallie from two different spots. I caught 2 eyes fishing a deeper pool with a Vib"e", then moved to my next spot and the other 6 fish came on a firetiger Husky Jerk. Largest fish was just shy of 4#, along with a 20 incher. The rest were 12"-18". The smallie was 16".

2. nice job, those husky jerks are like crack to saugs and smallmouth. one of my go to baits.ive got a decent spot for saugs if u want let me know and ill fill you in. hey give me a call tomorrow about that tackle, sorry i missed yours the other day.work is hectic

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

congrats, sounds like a blast. im coming home tomorrow and i plan on trying for some.

4. GMRcatman

GMRcatman I'm Back!

Leftfordead, sorry about the phone tag, has been a weird last week for me also. I will give you a call but also call me anytime the next couple of days, even if it is late so I can get that tackle to you. I'll be happy to trade for a little more saugeye expertise!;)

5. What size Husky Jerk do you guys use in the GMR ?