Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot off the press,,,, AS of 3:35p.m.(e.s.t.)National Weather Serv. calling for 2 ft or less if you are on holiday tomorrow!!!!
ATTACK!!!!!!!!!

·
592 Posts
YEAH, RIGHT!
Good ole dependable NWS

I bet those were some really big 2 footers (like 2 x 2.5). Glad I checked Lakevision before I headed out this morning. I was as hopeful as EBS to get out today, but I just don't completely trust the weather service.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,421 Posts
Drove to Lorain this early afternoon to find the Lake Rolling hard, some guys where going out but most turned around including us, solid 5's if I had to call the report some of the rollers where mighty large.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
We caught 8 between the two of us by Davis Bessie.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A tad bit of confusion i think with most trying to guestimate wave height. Not saying you guys are wrong, but i'll say 60% of boaters are terrible at guessing wave height. Buoy data says 3 footers midnight between 4th and 5th days, but down too 2.5 max the 5th, from what i saw thats fairly close to what they were.

Jason

·
Northern Ohio Fisherman
257 Posts
I'm with KSUFLASH on this one, I don't know how they can call it anyhow? I've seen big rollers at huron, a white cap chop at kellys and almost calm at the islands all in one day of tournament fishing. I listen to thier forecast and then I check the cams before I decide where I'm going for the day.

·
useless poster
8,805 Posts
it depends on the " fetch" of the wind ,or where the wind started at. at ruggles they were 2-4 fters with a few 5's thrown in. white capping with some high roller and breakers.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,421 Posts
hey freyed how's it going got another boat it's a 19 foot wellcraft cuddy,We went out of Hotwater monday and with the bow all the way up not on plane but just to keep up and over and no we didnt take them straight on, we had a couple rollers crashing over the top that's why we didnt go out, those waves where absolutley 4 plus footers with some 6's even. I have been fishing the lake on my father boat and I have two boats since birth and I do know how to estimate wave height so I can say what's what big waves I don't mind fishing ruff water but with a pretty decent north wind 7 miles out was to far for us, We trailered back to Rocky River and there was still 4 footers in cleveland and this was in the evening toward dark, just a bad day to be out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts