close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hot Crappie Action!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nightprowler, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

I was wanting to know where the HOT CRAPPIE ACTION might take place the week of March 7th? I found out that I get this week off and my elbow is killin' me. I think some 2-3 Lb crappie might do the trick. Maybe Lake Lanier or Reelfoot....any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. I have heard that Kentucky lake is the place to go. From what I hear Reelfoot used to be the place but with a few resorts on the lake and it getting fished so hard its not what it used to be. I saw Bill Dance a few weeks ago catching HUGE crappie but dont remember the lake, he pointed out a few that were close to the Tennessee Mississippi border that were great for big crappie. I'll take a look at a map and see if i can remember what lake it was.

3. I would suggest Lake Barkley (KY Lake). I pulled out a 4 pound crappie out of there 2 years ago. That was on top of a hanful of 3 pounders. Big Crappie. While bass fishing at Guntersville, AL we pulled out a 4.25 pounder crappie. But I heard Weiss lake in Alabama is a great crappie lake. But if you want to stay close, go to KY Lake.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The lakes Bill Dance mentioned are Arkabutla and Enid.
    I know a guide who does Millwood Lake in Arkansas and he said Arkabutla is a pretty good crappie lake.
    While you're down there you can stop at Graceland!!!:p