close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hot Action tonight:

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Well, got a late start. Wasn't able to leave the house 'til close to 7pm.

Fished a new spot.....tossed out some corn and had a run in about 15 minutes. First fish was lost, reeled in the rig and the hook was bent a little. Had a second run and the knots came loose? Third run.....completely straightened hook.....looks like a needle with a barb. Forth run......came on my med/light set up with a new rig I made. Only a small one, just over 20 inches. But my set up didn't fail. Fifth run, fish was right on the 26" mark. Splashed the hell outta me before I could get a picture. Oh well......not bad for an hour or so.......

It was on the scioto....an area I had never carped before. We'll call it "Stretch X" for now.

The rig I made up was pretty cool IMO. Since I can't ever get a blood knot tied currectly I made up my own version, which feels REAL strong. I took my main line, 8lb. put on a 1/2oz. egg, bead and one of those bobber stop knots, then tied what I will call "The Moose Knot" to a length of 10 seaguar flourocarb then a #6 gama circle. I used the bobber knot/bead to keep the egg from sliding down to the hook. Worked great except the hole in the bead was too big......can't wait to test on larger fish!!!!!! So far, so good :) :F
    And I'll definately be fishing "Stretch X" soon :)

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Wish I coulda caught you at the news lake. I was waiting at 630 for about 20 minutes driving up and down the freakin street! Well sounds like you did well and sounds like you owe me 1/4 tank of gas! ;) ;) . Tried a spot near the confluence after Bouncer didnt show, looked very carpy but only managed a 12" (guess) channel cat. Oh well, at least I didnt get :S .