Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Crappie Hunter
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohio Outdoor News reports that the Horton Crossbow Company has been sold. I was unable to locate any details. Anybody know more details....do tell!

·
Registered
542 Posts
YOU GOTTA BE SH!%IN ME!!! I would guess maybe Ten Point bought them. After all one of Horton's engineers started Ten point. WOW!!! The place I used to work at, textured all the stocks for Horton.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Please don't tell me they are going to China now.:mad:

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Wow, I hope this isn't true or at least if it is the company will stay in Ohio.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
The only thing I found on it was on another site that said Game Trails, Greg Ritz's President of Thompson Center bought it. But I could not confirm if that was true. Do a search on Greg Ritz's name. He,and his company was fined by Kentucky's DNR for $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor violations of the Lacey Act of taking wildlife unlawfully, and for making false statements to Kentucky officers about the takings and interstate transporting of wildlife.

·
Crappie Hunter
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The article say's it was sold to a Georgia company...Greg Ritz's Wild Communications and private equity firm TGV Partners. I hate to be the bearer of bad news ,but the article said "The purchase includes both of Horton Archery's, Tallmadge, Ohio and Changzhou, CHINA facilities, which produce all of the company's products. Greg Ritz will be joining the company as CEO. It mention he was involved in selling Thompson / Center to Smith and Wesson in 2007.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
http://www.crossbow.com/newsarticle/72
Sounds like nothing more than a big business deal, where they start making more and more in China to make BIG MONEY for there investors. We all know who suffers when that happens.....the end user.....uhhh YOU!
When all the good jobs are gone, who will be left to buy the products that are made overseas? Uh wait, that's happening right now:mad: Can you say NAFTA?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ouch ! !
I'm wondering if I should stock up on spare parts now ? ?

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
http://www.crossbow.com/newsarticle/72
Sounds like nothing more than a big business deal, where they start making more and more in China to make BIG MONEY for there investors. We all know who suffers when that happens.....the end user.....uhhh YOU!
China is invested to a huge degree in many aspects of US industry and products, even much of our sporting goods we purchase daily.

China holds almost 1 trillion of our debt. If they didn't have the business interests (like Horton or others ) in the US they wouldn't buy US dollars. If they don't have business interests and buy out debt, soon to be in excess of 3 trillion dollars, then the the people that get hurt are you and me. Today, real world, China doesn't hurt us, they are our bank. No China US business, no bank, inflation out the ying yang. Just a fact of life today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts