Horsepower Restrictions Online

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buick Riviera, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Is there anywhere online where they have a list of the horsepower restrictions for Ohio's inland lakes?

Thanks,
    Buick

2. if u go to www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife i think that will take ya to division of wildlife site. anyway click on fishing then scrol down to fishing forecast. it will list all lakes n ohio and everything about them. hp limits and net surveys and stuff. its pretty cool.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

4. Buick Riviera

Thanks Chopper and Ncraft! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Buick

5. Never really under stood the horse power limit laws..Always thought the state should just post speed limits if they didnt want the banks getting eroded(sp)..

6. Buick Riviera

I'm with ya on that one. The state is starting to do that with a couple lakes (i.e. Knox) but it is not yet policy across the board. It is probably an enforcement issue. It is easier to enforce H.P. limits than speed limits.

Buick

7. I think that it would be pretty easy to enforce a no wake rule..

8. I thought the Div. removed some of the 10hp restriction to idle only. I called them to get a list of new IDLE only lakes and the lady I spoke with had no clue and the guy she transferred me to didn't know much more.....so I never got an answer and still cant find out about the IDLE only lakes.

9. let us know if youfind out any thing..A list of the changes would be great..