Horsepower Limit Changes Considered For Tappan, Seneca Lakes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappiebub, Apr 26, 2008.

1. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

http://www.mwcdlakes.com/releases/08041001.htm

PRESS RELEASE
    April 10, 2008 CONTACT: Darrin Lautenschleger
    Public Information Officer
    TOLL-FREE: (877) 363-8500
    E-MAIL: darrin@mwcdlakes.com

Horsepower Limit Changes Considered For Tappan, Seneca Lakes

CAMBRIDGE, OH – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Watercraft will conduct a public hearing to receive comments on a proposal to remove horsepower limits for recreational boats operating on Tappan Lake in Harrison County and Seneca Lake in Noble and Guernsey counties. Both lakes are located within the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District (MWCD).

The hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 10 at the Salt Fork State Park Lodge.

Any person affected by the proposed change in horsepower limits on either Tappan or Seneca lakes may present testimony for the record at the hearing or submit written comments. Any written comments on the proposal must be received by May 30 to be included in the official record and should be mailed to: Chief, ODNR Division of Watercraft, 2045 Morse Road, Building A, Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693 or sent electronically to watercraft@dnr.state.oh.us

Electronic copies of the proposed horsepower rule are available at the Ohio Legislative Service Commission’s web site at www.registerofohio.state.oh.us. Limits on horsepower for boats operating on Ohio’s waterways are under the legal jurisdiction of the Division of Watercraft.

Boaters should be aware that the proposal and public hearing do not affect current operating regulations. Boaters may not operate any watercraft powered by an engine greater than 299 horsepower on Tappan Lake and Seneca Lake. The public hearing is being held to comply with terms of a civil court case settlement approved by the Court of Common Pleas in Tuscarawas County.

For Further Information Contact:
    Deb Green, ODNR Division of Watercraft, (614) 265-6500

2. Like we need boats over 300 horses on tappen... They have to river. I know I do not want to put my boat with more than 300 horses on tappen.
    Does anyone know why??

3. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

That would just make it another Alum Creek, and that place just sucks in the summer!

4. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Why the heck does anyone need 300 horsepower anyhow? Crazy.

I've never caught a fish going more than 6 mph anyhow.

Buick