close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Horseback Riding

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trucked, Jun 6, 2007.

1. My daughters trainer is going back to Indiana for the summer and winter. Anyone know of a decent place she could ride without going to all the "big" barns/stables? Like maybe someone has a few horses that need excersise and grooming? We are both well versed in equestrians. My daughter is going to be 10 and she has been taking lessons for 3 years now. We ride western.
    I will sign a liability paper if we have to.

Just looking to ride once or twice a week but are willing to help take care of the horse too. Feed, groom, excersise, clean the stall, etc..

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks again for the consideration.

2. Man, aren't you guys scared of horses?

I went to Gatlinburg one year for new years and took the girl I was dating at the time out on a trail ride. All I have to say is it's not fun riding a horse on muddy benchcut trails on the side of a mountain when it's running full bore to catch up with the pack. Horses name was West Virginia and I think it derived from Satin. She had a horse that was amazingly well behaved.

Did I mention the tour leader put her (along with the other girls in the group) up front right behind him and put me and another guy (from new york) in the back of the pack on the most rotten horses they could find? These horses would slow down until the pack was out of site NO MATTER what we did. Then they would start huffing at each other and then BAM!!! It's like a day at the races.

I still have nightmares.