Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
:D :D phil,are you saying i should check my scales? :D ;)

LOL :D good idea on the glasses.they spend alot more time hangin' on my shirt,than on my nose :rolleyes: ;)

i have seen 7lb#bass come out of hoover..the biggest onei have seen was caught on the dam rip rap at over 7#lmb..there are bass up to 10lbs in hoover i am sure...i have seen lm and sm bass over 7 at alum and am sure hoover has some trophy smallies up to 9 lbs and alum especially for the smallmouth.tournament fishing techniques dont usually produce trophy fish..not even the bassmasters..i know kevin van dam caught the state record smallie but hes a freak.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
you know Patriot i hope you never catch a big fish and not have a camera.
that way you'll have proof.....so i guess (in your eyes) i cant prove
my buddy never caught it....
let me ask you this....do you believe in god????
theres no pics of him......
im sorry but i cant understand your way of thinking....
is it guilty till proven innocent???
just make sure you have your camera ready to get that "proof".
because if you dont...dont tell the story of your catch here....
and oh....."No offense meant"
fish4wall

I've fished below hoover many of times as well as alum. I've seen alot of big fish come out of both spillways. I believe there are even bigger bass down there. There is ampell amounts of bait fish and where you find ampell amounts of bait fish your going to find trophy fish. I was below Alum a few years back watching trophy muskie jump 4 feet out of the water onto the slanted concrete spillway and slidding down to feed on shad that where in to shallow of water for the muskie to swim in. Like I said, where there are ampell amounts of bait fish there are trophy fish. I believe he did catch that bass. I was down at Hargus Lake earlier in the year and saw a little girl blue gill fishing. Next thing you know a 9.5lb LM took one of the gills. It was a amazing sight. :eek: No one had a camara but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Great Fish Fish4Wall and will see you below hoover sometime.

-heheh ~ kinda seems Patriot is a-catchin' alot of flack for expressin' his rightful opinion based on years of Bassin' in the local area...

-would you believe that I attained a longtime goal 3x in the last two years n' now am chasin' a 15.66 lber?? :eek: :p

Live n' Let Live -- :)

Man there is alawys someone thats got to spout off about size weight of fish. Hey man tell your buddy thats one heck of a fish. I might see you down there next weekend if the backs up for the walk. Got a trolling motor for my canoe, so might go hit my all time favorite farm pond for some crappie on roids.. Congrats on the fish again. I recall when I had a problem with people about size or weight of my s-eye below griggs. Its just a shame that people that have probably never caught a fish that size, so because they havent you didnt. Sad

Kid, I'm 52 years old, I've lived in Columbus all my life. I used to wade Blacklick Creek with my Dad for Rock Bass & smallies in the late 1950's, when it was all farmland. We waded Big Walnut, the Olentangy, the Scioto, South Fork of the Licking, every creek we could get to. I've fished them all, for every species.

I never stopped fishing, I just started fishing from a boat, but I still enjoy wading, especially Big Walnut, since it's close to my house. I catch real nice smallmouth, some saugeyes, and occasional largemouth & spotted bass under the 270 pool near my house.

I told you my history so you'd know I'm not just some "bonehead" as you said, to call you a "liar" as you said. I'm a fisherman, with a lot of years at it.

Without a picture, & you having no scale, how did you come up with the weight of 7lbs? Fish always look bigger than they weigh, trust me on that one, I know from tournaments. Scales don't lie.

You didn't lie, my young friend, your eyes were bigger than your scales, of which you had none.

portions of this thread are the exact reason i don't post much about my fishing excursions.
now,here's a story about a bass my oldest brother caught some years back and if i can find the pic and get it scanned i'll post it.i'll keep it short.
this fish went in the 10lb range and was very short for one that size.a while after he dropped it off at the taxidermist he got a call from him.the taxidermist told him when he checked the fishes belly to see what it had been feeding on there was a redwing black bird in it and the bones from another bird!!!my brother even drove to the guys house just to see it.
now,there's some pretty bizarre or unusual things that happen every now and then when we get out on the water and i always enjoy hearing about them,but i'd never go as far as asking for proof.i'd just rather take someones word for it.
seeing and hearing about big fish keeps guys hoping it'll be their turn next.

I agree with jeffmo on this one . Hearing stories of big fish is what makes this site and fishing so great . We just need to sit back and enjoy what we read even if we dont believe it . Either way , it was probably a nice fish and made a great memory for fish4wall and his buddy to have a story to tell their grandkids . So in conclusion , CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG !

It's to bad we have to close a thread because someone has to dought what some one post. Ed- you have been sent PM's from us about your comments and will be dealt with because of them. I understand your 52 years old and have been in this area all your life. Remember some of us have been here longer, fished longer also. Your not the oldest or the most expearenced either. If someone doesn't like something someone says, then just ignore it. Posting threats on this site will only get you banned. We won't put up with it. Sorry guys Catking is right. This thread is closed.
Guys-- please don't quit posting how you have done or what you have caught. This is your site and we want them posted. Most on here like reading how others have done. If there is a problem we WILL take care of it. This is your site use it and enjoy it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.