close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover????

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by timmyv, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Went out yesterday, weather was great ( a bit hummid). I didn't even get a bite. Fished the south end before and just past the first bridge w/ no bites at all. Tried trolling some cranks and such for anything that would bite. I marked alot of fish (crappie? white bass, large schools) and couldn't get them to bite anything. I'm just getting really frustrated. Any suggestions? I was out between 8-12noon and 2-5pm. I know not the best times to fish but should atleast get some sort of bite? I haven't caught a fish in hoover for over 2 weeks, 7 trips. I'm stumped.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yesterday was the first time out for me in awhile,but i think it's possible a shad hatch has come off and their are tons of small shad,making for easy pickings.fish just have to open their mouths and they can fill their belly.the bite always seems tough at these times,but fish can be caught.try findng big baitballs with feeding fish below,in 12-16 feet or so of water and vertical jig blades,spoons.

3. I got a special kind of skunking on Sunday myself. First time I've been blanked since March. Low pressure and bright skies makes for tough conditions. The fish were holding tight and holding their jaws tighter. I felt some bumps, but no real interest. I'm going to take misfit's advice and try some blades next time.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the crappies we caught sunday were light biting for the most part.but if we'd spent more time on them,i'm sure we could have caught lots more.it was a short trip and we just were enjoying the day as much as anything.
    vertical jigging will work now,if you give it a chance.of course you have to find the fish that are following the bait;)

5. Well have not visitied the wicked witch much since spring. Sunday went out and trolled cranks, drifted harnesses, jigged the points, flats and deep pools. Then I went to a finesse set up, 4 lb. fireline carolina rigged with a 4 foot leader with a floating jig head. Pulling 1/4 oz weight and barely drifting. Three nice saugeyes, 2 channels, 5 crappie finally a good day at THE WICKED WITCH! :T

6. Thanks guys for sharing some success w/ me. It just means that I stink at fishing Hoover. I refuse to give up, it's my first year w/a boat and I chose hoover to learn and do most of my fishing on. I'll get it someday. Atleast I know there's fish in it! Hopefully the fall will be good to me!