close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CRESTLINER, Jul 23, 2007.

1. CRESTLINER

CRESTLINER Member

Some of you guys might relate to this. When I was younger, I fished a lot with my father, he seemed to catch more fish then I did. I remember asking one year, why do you catch all the fish, his answer was you are not holding your mouth right. I have used that saying a lot over the years.

Hit Hoover yesterday morning and I must have been holding my mouth right for the first time in a while. Fished for 2 hours and got 5 bass, the biggest being 18” and the smallest being 13”. All were caught on a rubber worm.

2. Hoover has been good for me the last few times i have been there. I must be holding my mouth right to.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

hey crestliner, good report man!
    when we gonna finally fish together.

4. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Had my 3yr. old grandson out for a little ride this morning. Tried trolling. I told my grandson that if he sang his favorite song our luck might change. He started singing "Walk the line" and sure enough....................hookup. Lost the fish at the boat but he's convinced that singing is the way to turn them on. Between singing, holding your mouth correctly, and wearing the correct hat, there's a lot of ways to catch fish.:D

5. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I find the best way to hook up with a fish is by focussing your attention elsewhere. Of course you only catch said fish about 1/2 the time that way. :)

6. That saying has been around our family for years as well. It is funny to hear someone else using it. I have said it at times around folks "out of the loop" and they just looked at me like I was crazy.:D:p

Sounds like a great day on the water, especially for this time of the year.

7. What? no pictures.I've nevere heard of that.

8. CRESTLINER

CRESTLINER Member

Jeff, not taking pictures of that size fish..........looking for the bigger ones.....

9. My trick for catching fish, works especially good for tightlines on catfish. Stop watching you pole and when you look for your pole you notice its not there, this has happened to me on more than one occasion.

10. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

That happens between my dad I and alot... One of us is always catching the fish while the other is just watching.... And the reply after landing one is always... You aint holdin' your mouth right... And always brings a few chuckles out...

Between going out last week.. We stopped in at Wendys with the Canoe strapped on the top of the car.. and the guy was like going fishin and we were like yah and asked where and we told him... and he was like I never do any good up that way... Dads reply was... You aint holdin' your mouth right... And the kid just looked at him in a daze and didn't understand him... We both got a good kick out of it...

I'm rather surprised that other people use the same term.

11. flthednut

flthednut You can run !

CRESTLINER, So Y'all learned that technique from yer Pappy. I must say that it does work. Do ya fish Hoover much? Ya really should have took pictures. Rubber worms, were they Texas rigged or perhaps Santee Carolina style? :D

12. Just got back from hoover with my daughter she caught a good size larg mouth DIDN'T HAVE A F-----G CAMERA. It was 12in long she couldn't sit still after that.

13. flthednut

flthednut You can run !

That's cool when the young ones get to catching fish. I know when mine isn't catching fish in the first 5 minutes the question is what's wrong with these fish? Then Bam ! I'll have one and I'll turn and say, YOU AIN'T HOLDIN YOUR MOUTH RIGHT........ It always seems that when I take a camera, I must not hold my mouth right... :D Know what I mean.......