Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going up to hoover this evening. i would appreciate any info on the status of the water before i go. leaving about 5:00. did the storm make it muddy real bad? :(

·
Loving Life
1,323 Posts
Was up there yesterday and the water wasn't up much above the dam with the rain we had the night before. Probably going up tomorrow, your info today would be nice to have. :p

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
i second that motion dan.how about a report on water conditions?i'm thinking if the whole lake isn't muddy by now,there should be a heavy mudline moving down close to the middle section at least.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went up last night, water wasn't too bad. it is up about 1 1/2 feet. it was a little rough trailering my boat. wind was coming from the south and kept pushing my boat sideways into the dock. took 3 tries even though i was using my 35 horse. yes, it is ok to use your big motor to trailer. i was given this info by watershed when i was getting inspected. you can also use it if you're caught in a storm to get back. watershed is at baldridge ramp checking boats every time i come in to leave. the water didn't seem to make a difference to the crappie bite. they were still on. tried a different place to fish than our usual hole. crappies are smaller now. i think the spawn is over at hoover now. not seeing any with eggs in their bodies anymore. think i'll start going to alum now. as long as i was catching nice crappie, i saw no reason to change. i've been at hoover every time i've fished this year. i've caught more crappie this year than i have for a loooong time. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts