Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing at Hoover and lamenting again why I had chosen to go there instead of the Scioto when I finally got a nibble. At that point I was so dismayed and certain that it was a little mud cat tinkering with me that I jerked as soon as I felt some tension. I was pretty surprised that something pulled back and kind of hard. I fought this thing in for a while and when I got it to the bank I was happy, shocked, and puzzled all at the same time. Mind you I was fishing for cats using shrimp on the bottom at about 12-15 feet.

I released her back in the water.
IMG00129.jpg

Attachments

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
hungry fish = good time on the water.your bait was in the right place at the right time.i bet you was surprised,just as i have been everytime i've hooked a mr.whiskers on a bass jig n pig or on a chatterbait(slow rolled).

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
you'll have that now and then:D

20 inches,4 pound hoover bass...........caught on cut shad while catfishing................

·
Avid bait killer
311 Posts
Is that what it takes? I was up there on Sunday throwing everything I could think of, jitterbug, spinners, buzzbait, tubes, rubberworms, crankbaits and only manged 1 little 10" er.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a theory about this. I had my bait stripped three times with no visible line activity. That leads me to believe that there were some crayfish were down there eating it up. Maybe this bass was feeding on them and got my shrimp mixed up with a crawdad??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts