Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for anyone who may know the answer. When the white bass run starts at Hoover everyone knows the place to catch them is in Galena or in the duck pond.
However, where do the white bass go when they are not spawning. Does anyone know a general area and depth to target them in the summer. As easy as they are to catch during the run, I rarely get one when it is over.

I would think that I would see them all staging somewhere on my fishfinder getting ready to run up in the duck pond, but I have not. For the thousands of fish that spawn in the duck pond, they are pretty hard to track on the fish finder before the run. I would think they would be in the general vicinity of the dam area but so far I have had no luck finding them.

grino

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
after the spawn,they disperse throughout the lake and can be caught in numbers.look for the shad(and birds);)
the bass will roam open water in schools,chasing the shad.my favorite tactic is watching for them busting bait on the surface,and jump fishing them.spinners,spoons,roadrunners etc are killers when that happens.it's a blast sitting in the middle of hundreds of surface feeding fish:D
trolling same baits will work also.another great way in summer is vertical jigging.again,look for big baitballs suspended and you could find fish below them.vibes and spoons will get plenty of action.it's mostly short lived as they are constantly on the move,but fishing can be fast paced when you find them:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts