Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time fishing Hoover/Big Walnut for the white bass run with a buddy in our kayaks....Fished the mouth of big walnut at the North end of Hoover last night. Alot of shad being blown up on the surface, but nothing too vicious. had 2 nice hook ups but couldnt get anything in the yak. So we started heading further up Big walnut, almost got to Columbus st bridge in Galena and not a single bite.. didnt want to go any further because it was getting dark out.. used white, chartt twister tails and white rooster tails.. had a real nice bite on a minnow and float but came off. fished from 6:30 to almost 9 pm.

I heard that they usually run about a mile up the nut but was wondering if anyone had any tips about this? has anyone caught any good numbers near sunbury? anything will help. thanks.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Took my son this evening... not a bite for us but we only stayed 20 minutes at 7pm... maybe they would have come in once darker... surprised at how clear the water was desp6rain last night and earlier... I typically do better with them in stained water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts