close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoover water level

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Danshady, May 22, 2007.

1. so what is up with the hoover water level, i know we just had a few tiny storms this past week, and we really havent had much rain this month. in the past week the water has seemed to have dropped at least 6-8 inches. it really had an effect on where i WAS fishing last week, i went out yesterday and fished some of the trees and bushes that i was hitting mass amount of crappies on and caught alot of snags cuz the trees and bushes are not as far in the water. but yet i heard the whites are on the run, dont they usually do that when the water is higher? and does anyone know what tactics to switch to when this water level drops like this and what the crappie/bass "usually" pattern?

2. Remember it's a water supply lake. It's getting warmer and nicer out so more people are watering their lawns and things. I'm not sure that there has been enough demand for that big of a drop but it could be.

3. yea, i didnt know if there had been much water goin thru the dam or not, i havent been down that way in a while.

4. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

As fishintiger mentioned Hoover isn't for flood control like other reservoirs - it's a water supply for Columbus. I've been told by a good source that when the Hap Cremeans plant needs water for their tanks they take it. Otherwise, they don't discharge water unless it's really a necessity.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

haha,just wait till about september.if we have a dry summer,all those spots and a lot more will be high and dry.ever see hoover when it's down 20+ feet?:D

6. no i havent, like i said, this is the first year i have ever really fished at hoover in a boat, i guess as summer goes on ill have to keep searching some new spots i like to go, haha rick guess ill might have to hit u up for some more hints on places to go to over time.

7. It is pretty high right now. I know there is an island and dam that are still unexposed. It will drop another 2-3 feet in the next month.

8. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

How is the water...is it clearing up or still muddy in the upper end?