close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoover today.........8/10

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Aug 10, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

toad showed up at my door early this morning,ready for another misadventure.i was ready and willing to accomodate him,so we headed for hoover with visions of eyes dancing in our heads.we were also hoping for a day of minimal "misadventures",which have kinda become our trademark :rolleyes:
    amazingly,the day was almost without incident :)
    we caught a few eyes and white bass,after which we moved to another location.as we were drifting and working harnesses and spoons,toad accuses me of hiding the lid to the crawler box."duh,fred,it blew in the lake when you left it off" :rolleyes:
    well,we can't be without a lid,so he starts manuevering the boat toward the lid,as i started to lift my spoon after a drop.oops,snag :( .after awhile,i thought i was pulling the boat to the snag,as i put the pressure on,with the rod doubled over.but toad keeps telling me,"no,the boat's not moving,dummy".
    then the fight was on,and after about 15 minutes and numerous long runs under and around the boat,against the drag,i finally wore the snag down,and toad deftly put the net under it.whew!!!
    can anyone guesstimate the size of this snag? :cool:
    after a couple pics,and making sure she had her strength back,i sent her on her way back to the depths,to gain another pound or two.

Attached Files:

• 8.8.JPG
      8.8.JPG
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
  2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Alright, but you'll have to give us a Little Hint! :eek: :D :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hint.....................she was a piggy :D and if she were a walleye,would be a fishohio ;)

4. crappiebub

Fish ohio walleye is 28" ----- so I'll quess a saugeye over 28"

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D you're pretty sharp,bob :D ;)
    well,you're half right ;)

6. crappiebub

I got the Fish Ohio Walley size right!! :D :D :D

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D :D 28 inches even........................8.8 pounds on dig.

8. Sounds like you had a good day. I want one.

fishintiger

9. crappiebub

10. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

It was a fighter for sure. For about 10 min I thought it was a flathead the way it kept ripin line off the reel. Then I got a glance at it and all I seen was golden color so I knew it wasn't a flathead. The next time it came up we seen it was a hog eye and got her in the net. Super nice Rick and a thrill to say the least.

11. Wow! Nice saugeye Rick. Sounds like one of those "Oops look what I found" kind of fish that I'm famous for. Usually happens when I'm in the middle of answering nature's call. :eek:

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ray,that's the first thought that went through my mind ;)
    if this was march,uncle bill mighta been gettin' a call :D ;)

terry,that's usually the way it happens,for sure.sometimes,fred even has to wake me up when a fish hits :rolleyes: ;)

13. Congrats Rick. Did you have a picture? There was something on your original post, but it isn't showing up on my pc.

Joel

14. Nice fish guys! Any pics to show? I've forgotten what they look like!

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:confused: must be something wrong with everyone's puter,cause i can see it :rolleyes: :D ;)
    i think my photo host might have a problem.maybe the file attachment will work.

16. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I see the pic very nice eye misfit, congrats on the catch.

17. I see you got that pic to work. :cool:

Okay Rick... next time you catch a hawg that size, you need to find a 4 yr old kid to hold it while you snap the pic. :D :D Although I can tell by the size of the tail she was a bigun'. Nice to hear she's still swimming around Hoover. ;)

18. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Nice catch Rick!

Your smile says it all man ;)

19. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Very nice fish Rick, so that is what a fish looks like.