close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoover thursday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Dec 27, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hopefully,i'll be assaulting hoover on thursday,with my trusty sidekick toad.if i can get the boat on the water,we'll be chasing some of these critters like we did last new years day :D :cool:

Attached Files:

• 8.8.jpg
      8.8.jpg
      File size:
      34 KB
      Views:
  2. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Hey there Misfit. Hopefully I can get up that way and chase some eyes with ya. I was thinking of calling you and the Toad today to check up on you two. Hope things are going well. Maybe I'll pop in here in the next few days when Im up that way ;)

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

just pop right on in mike.being as your shot at the biggun of the year is pretty slim now,the texas roadhouse is just up the street and i'm ready for a nice steak dinner :D ;)

ps................or you can wait a couple more weeks and just call it a birthday dinner ;)

4. Zfish

Hey now I did say a dinner and I'll be more than happy to take you out. :) It was pretty close because I did say Walleye/Saugeye.. But since yours was a saugeye you win fair and square. I was only off by a couple of ounces I think though. Keep in mind where Fred was. I think he should owe us both dinner LOL.... :D

5. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Well there he goes again.... Z-NUTS :D LOL just kidding mike.
    Misfit put it to me on the saugeyes this year, I did take home a few eaters but didn't even get the chance to C&R a hog this year. I did put a 28 1/2 " walleye in the boat this year.

6. Zfish

Ah common Fred you know if I didnt tease ya some then it would be time to worry. :D Looking forward to some "Mis Adventures" for the new year lol.

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

There he goes again! :rolleyes: I guess your not going to tell Rick and Fred about the muzzle loader incident eh? Hahahahha! You guys won,t beleave this one! :cool: Ka-Booom! Cough,choke,wheeze! DUH-WAT HAPPENED?
    BWAHAHAHAHHAA!! Raider<><>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. Zfish

Hey Dingus its posted in the guns and ammo section :D

9. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I sure hope that you have a good ice breaker ! :D Drove past there this evening and it looked pretty solid to me . I say just strap Mikey to the front and have him pull you accross , when he falls through , theres your hole ! :D

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey phil,i checked it this morning and there's plenty of open water,including the walnut ramp.one problem........................the freaking ramp has too much snow and ice to launch :mad:
    and it's better than the rest :rolleyes:
    mikey wouldn't have to break ice,but if i could get him to drag the boat down to the water and back,it would be a go :D
    maybe i should mount a winch on my truck for such situations ;)

11. I hope your wife doesn't read this. She might kill you for just thinking about doing that. I'm glad Fred only knows Mike and not me or I might have been volunteered to do it. I could back the boat in for you since there aren't any boat docks to worry about backing on to. :D

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

tony,she already knows my plan,lolas usual,she just reminded me of my mental deficiancy in her kind and loving way :rolleyes: ;)

oh,the water is down,so you could still manage to put the trailer up on the concrete dock :D ;)

13. Atleast it would be a little closer to the water then. Santa gave me money so now I can get all my new toys for my boat. Just one question for you Rick. Do they make something that I could use to hold my net inside my boat while traveling? ;)

14. Rick, who is normally responsible for maintenance over at Hoover? Maybe Capt'n Clueless can get a truck dispatched to plow/salt the Walnut ramp. Just a thought.

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

terry,the city maintains it,but i've never seen them do anything to the ramps.
    good thought on cat'n clueless though.
    i think with the recent weather situation,it's not on the top of the priority list either.maybe we'll get lucky and won't get the rain all weekend.by then,the ramp could be in pretty good shape.if so,here i go ;)

tony,you could put some clamps on the side or on the front of the rear seat(if the net's not too long) for traveling.the metal,spring type(kinda horseshoe shape).laura can find them for you at work :)

16. Laura doesn't work for Home Depot any longer. She is now with Bank One well she has been since May. I was just joking about holding the net down. I think one of you gray panters might have lost a net on the way to the lake that's why I asked. ;) Or did one of you gray panthers forget that? :eek: I should be ready for the spring crappie bite so I might follow you around come spring and "borrow" your crappies spots. :D

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hahaha.i tried to forget about my custom flat rim net :rolleyes:
    that's why you don't want to stand it up in your boat or truck when traveling :D
    since laura works at the bank now,she can get you som money instead of clamps :cool:
    if you borrow my spots you'll have to return them in the same condition you found them,lol.

18. How about if I leave a bag of unmarked small bills in those spots when I leave? ;) :D I've tried talking her into adding some money that people are depositing into our account instead but she keeps saying something about that being illegal and she could lose her job. :confused: She also said that they might notice if their money isn't there. I think I bought a net like the one that you converted to a flat rim net so I will have to be careful when I am traveling about.

19. Drove by the Walnut Sreet Ramp about 2:00 pm today and notice KB's van and trailer in the lot. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to pull in to check things out. Two tire paths had been hand shoveled down the ramp to the water and I faintly saw Kenny's boat through the fog. Due to heavy fog, I could not tell the amount of open water. Due to heavy ice/slush at the top of the ramp and in the lot, I would not recommend launching without front wheel or four wheel drive vehicles.

20. Last night when i was in here looking around and saw Misfits post about going to Hoover Thursday. I had to go up that way to the Sears Hardware Store. As i was crossing County Line bridge i saw something out on the lake and since Misfit said he might be going to Hoover i thought it might be him being he has been known to some times fish on Hoover during snow storms and such and he being such a adventureus sole, i thought he might have wandered out on the ice to maybe pluck a few saugeye from the cold depths.But as i drove futher across the bridge straining to see what it was to my suprise it wasnt Misfit but the ultimate fisherman a " BLUE HERON " And he didnt Have any fish either. Sorry About that MISFIT just couldnt help myself . This is from a guy who seen you and somebody else at that bridge in a boat during a snow storm a year or so ago. "GOTCHA" Have a "Happy NewYear"and may the fish gods bless you in the New Year with boat loads of fish. Good Luck Fishguy :) :D :D :D